Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - hi, it’s me again. (Read 20 times)

One app said 22 degrees, the other said 24, but either way pretty chilly by our standards. Fortunately no wind and no ice, so not too bad. Ran 8 miles with 10 strides. 

Regardless, a better day for me than for our dog, because he’s going in to get neutered today.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

That is our high today, lol. 

Flurries for my Tesla delivery. Here waiting for the car to make all updates. Hope I can figure out how to drive it go home and then learn the other stuff. 

RD. Off today and massage this afternoon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day today but I did do what I affectionately call my baby weights and stretching which miraculously is helping my knee. Who knew? Stretching helps.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

delicate flower

Whatdaya say there, turbo!  I rolled my lazy ass out of bed early and swam 2600 yards.  I've got a bike workout to do once I finish work for the day.

Wife and I are supposed to go to up to northern Vermont to ski this weekend and the temps right now are saying wind chills of -25 Friday and -35 Saturday.  That does not sound like fun.  We will see how things play out this week.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Everybody is talking about the cold, so I'll skip right over the 6 miles I ran today in shorts and a t-shirt thanks to the 50º sunshine, and instead I'll look forward to Saturday's 10k trail race with a forecast of 8º feels like -4º.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

sdWhiskers

3 miles with 6 x strides in a light cold rain. We spent 2 x 8 h on a baseball field this weekend: Sat was gorgeous weather, yesterday was high 57 and raining. So gross. Our mountains are getting snow today.

My company just started an “activity challenge” where we log our minutes. 

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

We had one of those last year.  My team (1 other person) lost to a pair that included one person who walks 20k steps/day.

Self serving as it may be, here's the upcoming races I forgot to post earlier today.

Upcoming

02/04 Frederick - Winter Trail Series #5 10k

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

We had one of those last year.  My team (1 other person) lost to a pair that included one person who walks 20k steps/day.

I’ve never counted steps for anything, but the Google says a mile is about 2000 steps, so that’s 10 miles of walking per day. Holy shit.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I’ve never counted steps for anything, but the Google says a mile is about 2000 steps, so that’s 10 miles of walking per day. Holy shit.

I'm on a team at work each year (7 person teams, ~900 teams across the global organization, 9 weeks long). We've been top 10, but can't compete with several teams of 1) folks training for Ironman races (all activities convert to "steps") and 2) colleagues that work in manufacturing plants.

Our app maxes you out at 80,000 steps/day I think. I typically average 15-20,000 although on my running rest day, I struggle to get that many!

Ours is from 1/30 to 3/5, and it's just based on minutes. The teams are the facilities; we WFH people go with wherever we report up to organizationally. Apparently the doofuses who organized it neglected to take into account the vastly differing number of employees at the various facilities.  I assume that's gotta change to make any kind of sense, and move to a minutes/employee basis. The winning team gets an unspecified "prize," lol. For me it's just bragging rights anyway; the online tracker shows both team and individual totals.

Dave

Shit, IDK when I'm going to run tomorrow. I have meetings at 6:00. 8:30, 10:30, 1:00, and 4:00. Best bet may be evening, but I'm not a fan of that.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

We are doing one and we log our steps! Interestingly, our regional boss does way more than me but that woman is constantly walking and working 24/7. Something I'll never do.

Just saw John Wick 4 comes in March. I'll be there ASAP.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body strength training.

My work typically does an activity challenge in the spring or summer. If you do non-step activities, there is something to calculate your steps. Last year's individual winner averaged 60k steps per day.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

easy 50' on the bike this morning and 2.3 miles on the treadmill on the way home from work. was hoping to do another mile but work got in the way and I wanted to be home before 8...

single digits here tonight but will be relatively toasty in the basement tomorrow morning! Just need to remember to remote start the truck a few times before heading work.