Beginners and Beyond

Are you addicted to exercise? (Read 86 times)

happylily

I'm addicted to exercising like I'm addicted to brushing my teeth. Which means, not at all. I've done both for as long as I can remember because it's the healthy thing to do, part of the maintenance of my body. But exercising is a bit more fun than brushing my teeth, I admit. Well, sometimes, not really...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

I'm addicted to exercising like I'm addicted to brushing my teeth. Which means, not at all. I've done both for as long as I can remember because it's the healthy thing to do, part of the maintenance of my body. But exercising is a bit more fun than brushing my teeth, I admit. Well, sometimes, not really...

That's a great way to put it. I *can* stop.. but why would I want to?

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

31 -- almost 32 -- years of running and I still say "runner's high" is a myth.

It's one of those things people "get" through the power of suggestion.

No runner's high either. My wife used to say that I kept running just so I could get a "runner's high". I told her I've never gotten one and I have no idea what it feels like. After the 5th time she went there, she stopped.

- Andrew

LRB

I suspect anyone who says they get "high" from running has never actually been high.

I seek your permission to use that.  lol

The only high I have ever experienced came from a bottle or a pack of Zig Zags, and as far as being addicted to exercising if someone wants to say that about me fine.  I prefer to view it as the time of day that I center myself but maybe I am, who knows.  More importantly, who cares.  I am doing my own thing not bothering anyone and yes if running (or exercise in general) were taken away from me I would be pretty cheesed about that.