Beginners and Beyond

RainyFriDailies (Read 22 times)

Cyberic

If you need all these requirements satisfied, that explains why you never race!

In non pandemic times, I have a great option in the Spring, and one in the Fall for marathons. For shorter distances, there are even more options that fit the criteria (dunno the plural form of criteria, criterias?)

Scenic, beautiful, popular, crowd support and diversity are not amongst my top requirements, for now. If I turn around and run marathons for the experience and not for the performance, then maybe the criterii (damn!) will change.

As long as I'm jabbering on and on - I have a business trip to TX leaving the day after CIM. I have my choice of a flight leaving at 7 AM (I am about an hour from the airport), or one arriving at midnight (with an hour drive to my final destination). Fun.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I have to waste a bunch of time to go to my doctor's office for a nurse visit to get my blood drawn next week -- I had to switch to generic levothyroxine because my insurance won't cover the brand anymore unless you try the generic and it doesn't work. So I need to get a blood draw to see if anything has changed. Heaven forbid I should be allowed to go to the Quest a few blocks away from my house...

But if they're already taking blood from me, I'm asking to get my ferritin checked too. Just to prove that doubling up on the supplementation is not making any difference.

In unrelated news, I've been waiting since June for a particular wetsuit from an Australian company to be restocked in my size. They told me seven months, but I've been checking weekly, and I was so stunned when I saw it available today that I ordered the wrong size

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

In non pandemic times, I have a great option in the Spring, and one in the Fall for marathons. For shorter distances, there are even more options that fit the criteria (dunno the plural form of criteria, criterias?)

Scenic, beautiful, popular, crowd support and diversity are not amongst my top requirements, for now. If I turn around and run marathons for the experience and not for the performance, then maybe the criterii (damn!) will change.

"Criteria" is plural. Singular is "criterion." But nobody uses it, of course.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Our lab is convenient because it's right there at the doctor's office - separate company but they share a waiting area

My doctor's office used to do the blood draws themselves. Not sure if they stopped because of covid or some other reason. Only other thing I can think of is maybe it got complicated with insurance? Even though they drew the blood, Lab Corp did the tests.

KCRuns

And I would like to do Chicago at some point, but that needs a little too much advance planning.

Good news!  The registration window opens next week and you probably have a time that would give you a guaranteed entry

Good news!  The registration window opens next week and you probably have a time that would give you a guaranteed entry

Oy. Yes I do! Looks like I have From 10/26 to 11/30 to apply for guaranteed entry as time qualifier. Still too far in the future for me to plan. But I guess I have a month and a half to think about it.

If people are wondering, here are the Q times. Looks like generally the same as Boston for the upper half of each 10 year window, so a bit easier than Boston for the lower half. For some reason I thought they also allowed HM times, but I guess that's only NYC.

Age group Men Women
                16 – 29 3:05:00 3:35:00
                30 – 39 3:10:00 3:40:00
                40 – 49 3:20:00 3:50:00
                50 – 59 3:35:00 4:20:00
                60 – 69 4:00:00 5:00:00
                70 – 79 4:30:00 5:55:00
                80 and over 5:25:00 6:10:00

Dave

RunningOnSand

But if they're already taking blood from me, I'm asking to get my ferritin checked too. Just to prove that doubling up on the supplementation is not making any difference.

How long does it take for levels to rise?

Cyberic

"Criteria" is plural. Singular is "criterion." But nobody uses it, of course.

Right ! That info was somewhere in my brain, but buried under lots of years of useful and not useful stuff. Thanks

Docket_Rocket

Oy. Yes I do! Looks like I have From 10/26 to 11/30 to apply for guaranteed entry as time qualifier. Still too far in the future for me to plan. But I guess I have a month and a half to think about it.

If people are wondering, here are the Q times. Looks like generally the same as Boston for the upper half of each 10 year window, so a bit easier than Boston for the lower half. For some reason I thought they also allowed HM times, but I guess that's only NYC.

Age group Men Women
                      16 – 29 3:05:00 3:35:00
                      30 – 39 3:10:00 3:40:00
                      40 – 49 3:20:00 3:50:00
                      50 – 59 3:35:00 4:20:00
                      60 – 69 4:00:00 5:00:00
                      70 – 79 4:30:00 5:55:00
                      80 and over 5:25:00 6:10:00

Yeah, it opens super quick so you sign up, they take all your money and good luck waiting to see if it will warm or hot AF.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

How long does it take for levels to rise?

I think it's weeks to months, depending on your levels.

GinnyinPA

Mine went up about 5 points in 6 months when I started supplements. Then has more or less stayed there for the past 3 years, despite supplements. Last checked I was 18.