Beginners and Beyond

Distracted SUNDAILIES (Read 260 times)

@runjerseygirl

SmileWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Smile

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

7:00 AM on the east coast and still no dailies thread?  Someone's getting lazy, Gustav! Smile

7 fantastically distracted miles for me.  

New distance PR, which is awesome enough... But this brings me to a new weekly mileage PR, and my first 20+ week.  22.5 to be exact.  

Feeling pretty amazing right now. Big grin

Do you even run?

TxDiverMom

Today is race day!!! Miles scheduled, 13.1!!!

@runjerseygirl

Good luck!

Do you even run?

Good Sunday morning, peopleSmile Kay, congratulation on your distance and weekly mileage PRs! TxDiverMom, good luck with the race!
              In a few minutes, I'll head out for 15.0 miles, my longest long run, so far. 26.2 is seeming less intimidating. Weights and abs must be done sometime later today.
              Gunnie26.2

#dowork

13 mile run this morning once rain subsides. Today is my runiversry. 3yrs ago I first stepped on a treadmill and 5 marathons later have never looked back.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

@runjerseygirl

13 mile run this morning once rain subsides. Today is my runiversry. 3yrs ago I first stepped on a treadmill and 5 marathons later have never looked back.

That's fantastic!  Congratulations!

Do you even run?

LRB

7 fantastically distracted miles for me.  

New distance PR, which is awesome enough... But this brings me to a new weekly mileage PR, and my first 20+ week.  22.5 to be exact.  

Feeling pretty amazing right now. Big grin

A glass of chocolate milk is in order.

Good morning, guys!

Kay- Nice job!  Distance and total PR's are such a great feeling.  

TxDriverMom-  Woohoo!  Very exciting!  Hope you enjoy every minute of your race this morning.  Can't wait to hear how it goes!  

Basya- Wow, hope things go great on the 15.  Your mileage snuck up on me, I hadn't realized you had built it up so much!  What marathon are you training for?

Jedi-  You're not one of those who tacks on .1 when you have a 13 mile run?  ; )  Happy runniversary!  You've accomplished quite a lot in 3 years!

(See what I did there?  I tackled personals while there were only 4 of you, lol.  But to every one who follows-  I love you all just as much and wish you all well, also!  ; )

As for me, today is an SRD.  Yesterday I ran the 10 miles to my parents' house, for my dad and little sister's birthday party.  Left the house later then I meant to and ran more of it in the dark than I would have liked.  I really do not like running in the dark.  I was tired the whole way, too.  But I got it done, and it was my longest run since August- and brought me to a weekly mileage PR of 40.8!

Church this morning, and guests over for lunch afterwards.  Planning on some quality time with my roller at some point, as well.

Have a nice day, guys!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Just B.S.

Hello dailies, I pop in sporadically so I guess I'm more of a semi-weekly than a daily.

It sooo warm here I can't wait to get out there!!! 36F and no wind!!

20km today for hubby and I, starting to get the miles back up after my 8 week relaxing running time since the last

marathon. Training for next marathon starts Christmas week.

Kay, awesome work on the miles!

TXDriverMom, so exciting good luck!!

Basya, good luck on your new distance.

Jedi! Congrats on your runniversary!

LRB, hey good lookin'!

Kristin, good job getting the mileage back up!

Roast in the crock pot for dinner, my Christmas decorating later for me, and bathroom reno for hubby.

I am starting my 7th scarf in the last 2 weeks. I have two grown sons and I love to knit scarves for thier friends,

male and female for Xmas gifts and they love to get them. I can only make so many for myself!!LOL

Robert31320

Team TJ

4.3 miles for me, done.

Kay, nice job on two PRs!

TxDiverMom, good luck in your race!

Basya, enjoy the 15 miles.

jedi, Happy Runiversary.

LRB, good morning.

Kristin, nice job on the weekly miles PR!  Enjoy your day.

Final song of my run this morning, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pLGIgyfjw&list=FLuEBDf691GFaksvvKCdPuTw&index=18

Running for TJ because he can't.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Missed you Beth.  What time is lunch?  Roast is something I have consumed a lot in the past....

Running for TJ because he can't.

Just B.S.

Missed you Beth.  What time is lunch?  Roast is something I have consumed a lot in the past....

Dinner is at 6!! Also with roasted potatoes and carrots and my speciality, home made date squares

for dessert! If you catch a plan now and have your passport ready I can set a place for you!!Smile

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Kay - great job on your mileage. A new LR and weekly distance - Nice!

TxDiverMom - hope you put in a great performance!

Basya - enjoy the 15!

jedi - nice 3 year journey!

LRB -  i got coffee brewein'

Kristen - nice weekly mileage. Enjoy the RD.

Just B.S. - enjoy the nice weather while you can!

Robert - good job on the 4.3!

For me I just completed two nights in a row of getting 8 hours sleep. I guess my 5K to couch program is coming along quite well... Today starts week 3....sigh...

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!