Beginners and Beyond

Monday Teacher Penguins! (Read 15 times)

Brilliant

Hello Penguins!

Zel, happy teacher's day!

Jill, hope the massage was great.

PAD - wow, 17!?

HopesMom, enjoy the new kitty!

Jerry, sounds like a great week coming up.

Damaris, hope the rest and Pilates were good.

Ginny!  I'm so excited that you are happy and want to do another marathon!  If you are thinking of going all the way to AZ - why not LA?  Wink

Monday is usually my rest day because I have an early class.  But it was cool enough today that I went out for a hilly, drizzly, trail run in the afternoon.  So refreshing; I could get used to this.

Zelanie

Ginny, I'm excited for you to do another marathon too! Smile  Having it be a destination one will be nice.  Ben has been having trouble at night?  Just needing to get up to go out and stuff?

Docket_Rocket

Probably because you won't have your own  personal MountainDew aid station this year Wink

That must be it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Ben has been on chicken and rice for over a week because of intermittent diarrhea and he's still having problems.  Doesn't affect his appetite any: he managed to get hold of a several days dead rabbit and swallow most of it before we were able to stop him.  It's likely he'll be having problems for several more days as a result.   

I have family in Arizona that we had intended to visit this fall, along with my 91 year old Dad in Houston.  Neither of us was all that enthused about heading out right now for a 5 or 6 week road trip.  However, by the end of January, I'll be desperate for sunshine, so heading west will be a lot more appealing. Adding the marathon seemed like a good idea when I thought about it this afternoon.  Cherie used to do that one, and I looked it up when she talked about it.  It is supposed to be really good.  LA is too big for me.  Lost Dutchman only has about 400 runners, plus a HM and 8K trail race. More my size.

Zelanie

Poor Ben, hope he feels better soon!