Beginners and Beyond

Superfly SUNDAILIES (Read 44 times)

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

I'm taking another RD today. Yom Kippur, while spiritually uplifting, was physically tiring after being sick.

B-Plus

Thanks for getting us started, Basya. Enjoy your RD.

I'm heading out with a goal of 15 miles.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Somebody is slacking....... I checked on here about 20 minutes ago for Sundailies and nothing Joking

It was a lovely 48 degrees this morning at 5:22 a.m when I stepped out the door for my 11.1 miler, in shorts of course and it wasn't bad though my arms were cold. I aimed for hills near the last of my run, and finished good and I feel great. Today will most likely consist of foam rolling, house cleaning and maybe a short hike with Dorian and Rocky.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Will run for scenery.

Morning Basya,  I hope you feel better.

B+, enjoy your 15.

After coffee, I'm going to head out for 10—13 slow miles.  They changed the forecast overnight; I might not get totally soaked after all!

Good luck racers!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  18 miles with the last 10 @ MP done.  It was 90-93F and 77DP since 5am so it was a bit tough.  I still hit all my paces but I didn't feel like I owned the pace.  In that weather, I cannot even own walking!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Somebody is slacking....... I checked on here about 20 minutes ago for Sundailies and nothing 

Next time start them, ha!

Supp Clique!

Just finished a training run on the course I will be pacing in two weeks.  It will be the third event I will have paced, but the first half marathon.  It is a very popular event here, so I am really excited about it.

I will be pacing the 1:50:00 group, but just wanted to get a feel today for how to handle the hills.

I ran 13.5 miles total, in 1:57:09.  My splits were:

9:16

8:39

8:38

8:50

8:48

8:55

8:57

9:03

8:42

8:36

8:25

8:18

8:01

7:58

I think if the runners fight the urge to race the downhills early, they will have plenty of juice at the end as I had today.

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, LRB.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I almost did...... but ya'll have such good starter paragraphs that I couldn't compete, or you guys just copy and paste everything everyday Joking

Next time start them, ha!

Supp Clique!

Just finished a training run on the course I will be pacing in two weeks.  It will be the third event I will have paced, but the first half marathon.  It is a very popular event here, so I am really excited about it.

I will be pacing the 1:50:00 group, but just wanted to get a feel today for how to handle the hills.

I ran 13.5 miles total, in 1:57:09.  My splits were:

9:16

8:39

8:38

8:50

8:48

8:55

8:57

9:03

8:42

8:36

8:25

8:18

8:01

7:58

I think if the runners fight the urge to race the downhills early, they will have plenty of juice at the end as I had today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

I think it's mostly copypasta, FreeSoul.

I have my first race since April today.  Just a 5K, but a good chance to remember what racing is like.  It doesn't start for 5 more hours, yuck!  In the mean time, there may be a thunderstorm.  Or maybe just rain.  Or maybe not.  At least it's a whole heck of a lot cooler than it was yesterday.  I've had my oatmeal and banana, and I'm having some coffee.  Now I wait!

Basya- Hope the RD works its magic!

B+- good luck on the 15 miler!

FreeSoul- Sounds like a lovely run!

jjs- Hope you stay dry for your run, except for maybe a bit of a shower to cool off for the last mile.

D- Tough run!

LRB- You are such a conscientious pacer!  Your pacing group will be so lucky!

delicate flower

'Morning.  Fly by post.  Joined DW on her HM training run this morning.  ALL HILLS.  10 miles at 10:56 pace.  I'm pretty much dead.

<3

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hey gang! 567 miles in progress for me today. Sadly they are in the car. We had a great vacation. Lots of swimming, kayaking, biking, and even some running through the week. LOTS of eating too. Sad the week is over but will be glad to see our dog and kitties.

LRB

Hey gang! 567 miles in progress for me today.

That was funny!

Boon, you are a mutha phuckin'  G!

Zellie Z, hope you will have another light snack before the race.  The banana and oatmeal will not hold for that long.

Supp D!

Good morning B, glad to see you coming around!

Supp BP and jjs22!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Had a great 9 mile run this morning. It was 45 degrees when I started and 52 when I finished Big grin Favorite running weather!!!!! Did an out and back on the trail along a canal by my parentS' house, it was lovely and so peaceful. Maintained an 11:28 pace without having to push myself much so I was thrilled with that.....and nothing hurt. I'm back Big grin Feeling so much better than I have for the past few weeks!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

'Sup, Dailies?

A little slow getting the thread started. I thought about starting it this morning also, but I was feeling a bit lazy.

Not too lazy to run 9.3 though, including a moderate hill around mile 4. It was a pretty good run. Weather was moderate, which is good. 70 degrees is much, MUCH nicer than 90 as long as it isn't too humid.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54