Beginners and Beyond

Super SATURDAILIES (Read 58 times)

@runjerseygirl

This is what RR sports has on their website.  According to this I would fall into the neutral plus.  This is a pain in the ass.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Not every stability shoe carries that much weight.  I ran in full stability for years, Kay, and they worked for me.  After a few years, my stride felt good enough for neutral and I switched.  I still have full stability shoes on rotation.

I personally would try full stability.  You can always run yourself back into a light stability or even a neutral shoe with stability orthotics.  This is obviously just my opinion, but I experienced ITB issues at about the same point as you; 7 to 8 months into my first year of running.

Sure, stability shoes carry a little more weight, but right now, your running health is more important.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Yes, but that considers only the high arch not the pronation.  Did the LRS see you run?

This is what RR sports has on their website.  According to this I would fall into the neutral plus.  This is a pain in the ass.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Maybe I'll try a stability shoe at the store and see how it feels.

Do you even run?

Mmmmm...beer

6.6 miles @ 8:05/mile done this morning, first part of a double.  I dropped the car off to get inspected and ran home, later I'll run back to pick it up. Smile  I just love that I have the ability to do that now!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Not every stability shoe carries that much weight.  I ran in full stability for years, Kay, and they worked for me.  After a few years, my stride felt good enough for neutral and I switched.  I still have full stability shoes on rotation.

I don't disagree with you, I was speaking in general terms. I wear the Lunarglide 3 (full stability) and it feels fine.  And after a full year of running in it, I will probably introduce something a little flatter/lighter to race in for 5k's this season, but keep the LG's for all other runs.

Did 5 this morning instead of 3. i really really like the Garmin......i set it for the Virtual Pace of 10:30 and guess what my average pace was? Exactly 10:30....before the garmin i was all over the place. Also first time doing 5 with no walking!!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

6.6 miles @ 8:05/mile done this morning, first part of a double.  I dropped the car off to get inspected and ran home, later I'll run back to pick it up. Smile  I just love that I have the ability to do that now!

Dave - good thinking. I will have to use that as an example next time my wife asks me what practical use all that running does.

By the way y'all - I was inspired by another thread on RoadID's & ordered up one, just arrived yesterday.

My wife texted me at work and said "I think your runner man bracelet is here, because you have a little package".

I told her thanks but I didn't appreciate the comments about my package.

Dave

Zelanie

Morning!  5.5 easy later on.

Kay- I hope you are able to find the perfect shoes to get back into the groove!

Alexis- Sounds tasty!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

2.5 cold, painful miles. Sad  Will be stretching and rolling my IT band today.

Time for coffee.  What'll you have?

Extra shot for me.

No running today, I ran 4 last night instead of three. House cleaning, push ups and pretty much taking it easy.

Edit: I BOUGHT NEW SHOES LAST NIGHT!!!!! I like the Ghost 5's so I bought an extra pair although I haven't decided if I am going to use them for races or training..............

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Hello Dailiers!

It's Saturday! Yeah!

I'm gonna run today.

That's it for me. Big grin

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi!

I did a super easy 4 with my running group then we went to breakfast. 10k race tomorrow! I want to race it, but we might get an inch of snow overnight... hopefully the roads will be clear and dry by race time.

Robert31320

Team TJ

The woman at RR didn't seem to think I needed stability, but they have shoes they put in the "neutral plus" category which has a little more support than neutral, but not as much as stability.  I'm thinking that might be what I need.

You may find it healthy to get another opinion, not to discount the first, but just to make sure.  Afterall, your health is at stake.

The first trip I mad to a LRS and had a gait analysis done, I was 'prescribed' stability shoes (and bought their recommended pair from them).  I experienced mild shin, knee, and arch pain off and on for a few months.  I bought a different brand stability shoes (extremely comfortable on my feet) but still experienced the same issues, some days FAR worse than others.

The first LRS I visited is a fantastic business that really supports the community.  I have heard nothing but exceptional things about them and I would without a doubt shop with them again.  With that said, there is a new LRS that opened closer to me just under a year ago.  The lady that owns it is a physical therapist.  I had a gait analysis done with her.  She recommended neutral shoes for me.  I bought a pair from her.  Within a week, all my pain was GONE.  I have even extended my daily run lengths without minimal muscle soreness (not PAIN) since switching to neutral.

I have since tried the stability shoes one day, resulting in one sore shin.  They are now grocery shopping shoes Undecided

I hope you find the source of your issues soon.  You're doing a great job you should be able to continue without having to be frustrated with pains.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Oh yeah, rest day for me.  Planning a PB distance tomorrow morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

So now, there's snow on the ground. In SE Tennessee! What in the wide world of sports is a'goin' on here???

Smile

I reckon I'll let it melt a bit before I decide whether to run on the TM or the road. I'm not quite sure how to run in the snow.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54