Beginners and Beyond

Super SATURDAILIES (Read 58 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kay, I am an overpronator and it is worse on my left side (the side of my ITB issues). I got fitted for new shoes last weekend and they put me in stability shoes. The shoe that controlled my pronation best was the Mizuno Wave Inspire 9s. The lady at the LRS doing my analysis thinks the stability may help the ITB issues.

So, I just returned from the gym. Elliptical for 25 minutes, stretched, then....

TREADMILL FOR 10 MINUTES!!! Ran a 12mm pace comfortably for 10 minutes. I cut it off there not because it hurt, but because it felt really, really good and I didn't want to risk it. It is my first run in 3 weeks afterall. Then I did a few exercises from the myrtl routine and a few from the strength running ITB routine, regular plank for a minute, and a minute on each side, pylometric jump squats, and then a real good long stretch session. Now sitting with my coffee, catching up on DVR, icing the knee (just in case) and hoping for no delayed onset ITB pain. Can't wait for my massage tonight!

Hope everyone keeps enjoying their Saturday. Happy running everyone!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

3.5 this morning with the running group, brought my friend for the first time and took it easy. Then after brekky we went to the thrift store and I scored a pair of like new Lucky jeans for $28. Woot woot! They are a little too tight (not bad) but it should be good motivation to lose a little bit more weight.

Kay, I will preface this by saying I'm not an expert by any stretch but be careful - it is my understanding that high arches tend to lead to supination or under pronation not over pronation (although over pronation with high arches is not unheard of).

This is what lead to my peroneal tendonitis and leg issues last year.

If you supinate, you do not want stability shoes.

5 miles for me today.

You can call me Anna

delicate flower

'Morning, my lil muffelettas!  Chores, chores, chores today.  I'm hoping to fit in more boring ass cardio later.  I have 16 of the next 17 days off from work.  I think I'd rather work though.

<3

Mostly harmless

Just finished 18 with the last 12 at MP. Actually they were well under my target MP.  I woke up with some knee pain that had me a bit worried but it went away entirely by the time I started my run.

I'm thrilled with my splits for the last 12. My goal of sub 4 seems more than reasonable at this point. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can avoid injury and/or illness.

Have a great Saturday all!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

LRB

3 X (2 X 200 meters @ "R" pace w/200 meter recoveries + 1 X 400 meters @ "R" pace w/400 meter recoveries) done.

The plan called for six sets or 5 % @ "R" pace of  weekly mileage, which ever is lessor.  And since my weekly mileage is weak, I ended up with only about 1.5 miles @ "R" pace, thus my three sets.

5:57 pace per mile for my fastest 200 meter run (44 seconds) and 6:29 for the slowest (49 seconds), for an average of about 6:20.  6:34 PPM for my fastest 400 meter run (1:38) and 6:38 for my slowest (1:41) for an average of 6:36.

Despite the cold and two inches of snow on the ground, I am satisfied with my workout.  I jogged about a mile to the track, did a short warm around it, did the workout, then continued on my normal four mile square for a total of 7.5 miles in 1:06:39.

Today was a good day.

robinde

I'm checking back in.  I completed my first ever 10 mile long run in just under 2 hours.  Not a great effort by some standards, but I felt really good about it.  The weather was cold, but there wasn't any wind.  The hardest part of the run was the first 4 miles and then I kind of settled in.  I feel great!

Flarunner, 48 would have felt nice today.  Enjoy!

Bruce, enjoy the easy 5

LRB, Have fun.  I dislike speed work myself.

StepbyStep, have fun on your date!

Dave, I hope it warms up for you.

Scott, Gumbo sounds good.  Reminds me of my New Orleans days.

runmom, Did you manage your 20 miles?  I can't wait until 20 miles seems like a reasonable distance.

KayPS, I'm sorry you are in pain.  Enjoy your coffee.

Alexis, your oatmeal bake with Scott's gumbo would make a wonderful meal.  Enjoy your day off.

lilac, awesome score on the jeans.

Have a great day!!

Luke79

5 miles @ HM pace.  Ended up being 8:41 avg...was shooting for 9:10 lol.  Pace was a comfortable effort.

Luke79

I'm supposed to do 11 miles easy tomorrow, which will be a distance PR.  Oh LAWD!

runmomto3boys

20 miles at 7:24 pace (OMG!). This is what happens when you run your LR with a 1:05 HMer and a 2:44 FMer!

Hey everybody. Haven't checked in much lately and haven't ran since last Thursday. Was out in Utah skiing and was in no shape to run after all the vertical I was putting in.

But I got out there today and did 10 miles. Super slow, but got it done. It was snowing hard and I had a wave of post vacation depression, wishing I was back out on the mountain. Ah well... I'm about to book a long weekender back out there first weekend of Feb.. so it's all good.

Mmmmm...beer

20 miles at 7:24 pace (OMG!). This is what happens when you run your LR with a 1:05 HMer and a 2:44 FMer!

Scrape. is right, looks like you need to rethink your MP. Smile  Great run!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

My jaw has officially, and permanently dropped!

Nice run! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

You just did a 20-mile training run at my 5k pace. You rock!

Coffee? Yes, please! Actually just finished off my pot of half-caff, the first cup with caramel and heavy cream stirred in. Yum.

17 miles done. I did it all on the TM, with little breaks after 6 and 12 miles to step off and walk around just a bit, refill my water bottle, etc. Pace was definitely at the slow end of my LR range, but I did pick it up and make the last two miles my fastest, with about a quarter mile at GMP (the first 15 miles were all around GMP+90 secs).

I'm crossing my fingers that we still get to have our date night. DH brought DS to the Y to play while I finished my run, then came home and went back to bed because he feels like he's coming down with something. Guess DS and I can always just do pizza and a movie at home if DH isn't up to going out.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

10.17 miles at 18 degrees, feels like 7, plus snow. A bit of a warmup from last night, I'll take what I can get. When you're out running, it's all good!

This I suppose is as close as I come to a double - finished 12 last night at 7PM, went out today at 11AM. Definitely felt it, fortunately not in pain or soreness, but in fatigue. Ended up 47 sec/mi slower than last night. Probably for the best anyway; if I actually knew what I was doing, I guess I would call it a recovery run.

A lot of people having a great day today! Well done all!

Dave