Beginners and Beyond

Super SATURDAILIES (Read 57 times)

runmomto3boys

Shari: Thanks for the kind words!  That was a pretty incredible 17 miler you knocked out today as well!!  I'm so glad you are back in the saddle again!

Phil: Wow!  That's a lot of days off - what day is your surgery scheduled for?

Kristin: You are making progress!  I'm so happy you got some pain-free running in.

Scott: What a huge, confidence boosting run right there!  I  think you have sub-4:00 in the bag too, by the sound of it.  Congrats on knocking out what is a very tough work out (being a Pfitz girl myself).

Luke: Eeekkkkk.....wishing you all the luck in the world in getting in that 11 tomorrow!!!  Get it done!

Robinde: What a fantastic 10 miler for you today!!!  :happy dance:

Tom: Awwww, thank you!

D2: Thanks so much!!!!  I don't know what is going on with my running as of late, but I don't want to jinx it!

I have two recovery days in a row now because I moved my 20 up to today.  I'm going to run them at a snail's pace to make sure I recover fully from all this fast stuff.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Snow's melted off the roads. I'm determined to run outside today, rather than on the TM. I just like it out there better.

Time to don the old shoes soon. Let's see if I can vary my pace a bit instead of the same old boring 9:00 - 9:15 that I seem to be doing all the time now.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:55:21

Has Broken Parts

20 miles at 7:24 pace (OMG!). This is what happens when you run your LR with a 1:05 HMer and a 2:44 FMer!

Holy crap you are one fast runner! Congrats on a great effort!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Robert31320

Running for TJ

Heidi, your pace is simply amazing for less than 1 year!  That's amazing for anyone that has run for many years.  Nice job!

You have to run through the valley if you want to get to the mountain top!

Next goal:  Mad Marsh 50K (November 2014)

Has Broken Parts

Snow's melted off the roads. I'm determined to run outside today, rather than on the TM. I just like it out there better.

Time to don the old shoes soon. Let's see if I can vary my pace a bit instead of the same old boring 9:00 - 9:15 that I seem to be doing all the time now.

It's nice to vary the pace once in a while.  If road conditions are questionable, maybe run it as a Fartlek when you can find a nice dry stretch to open it up a little bit?  Have fun!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

@runjerseygirl

So, I don't know if I misunderstood the woman last time, or if she misspoke, but overpronation is the opposite of my problem.  Angela was right, I have high arches and I supinate.

I went back to the LRS and had them check me again.  They confirmed that I needed a neutral shoe, but if I was still having pain, a neutral plus would probably be better.

They had me try the Brooks Adrenaline first, and they were okay.

But as soon as I put on the Glycerin's, I fell in love.  I hit the TM with them, and it was like I was running across a mattress.

And they're PINK!

Do you even run?

Bad Ass

Heidi, nice run.  You just need to taper right now and come back here on 02/16 to run the A1A Marathon to BQ.  Then, sit down for 2+ hours and wait for me to finish, LOL.

Hmmm, I'm glad LRB, Robert, and I forced you to go back!  I hope they work for you and that your problems are over.

So, I don't know if I misunderstood the woman last time, or if she misspoke, but overpronation is the opposite of my problem.  Angela was right, I have high arches and I supinate.

I went back to the LRS and had them check me again.  They confirmed that I needed a neutral shoe, but if I was still having pain, a neutral plus would probably be better.

They had me try the Brooks Adrenaline first, and they were okay.

But as soon as I put on the Glycerin's, I fell in love.  I hit the TM with them, and it was like I was running across a mattress.

And they're PINK!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

kristin10185

I race in SparkleSkirts

So many awesome runs happening today!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:21:47 (10/12/13)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Muddling through

Well you can't have everything. Wink

And they're PINK!

2014 Goals: Run first trail ultra, first 100K, and see what I can do in a 24-Hour race

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Afternoon All! Well almost evening!

Left for the pool at 6:45 this morning and just getting home now. I'm tired!!!

5 times in the pool this week. Monday/Wed/Thursday X2/Saturday for a total of 6 kilometers!!

Plus 4 runs from Sunday-Friday.

It's only been a month and I was really excited because the coach told me that I've got the technique and

breathing really well (he told me I was a natural, that felt great!)  I just need more time in the pool to extended

my distance and start working on my speed.

So it looks like this summer after 5 years of doing duathlons I will be making a permanent leap to tri's!!Woot!!

I need a nap. BBL!!!

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

The Chairman

Hit the track today

4.55mi  E + 4x1600m T with 200m recovery (6:04,1:05, 6:03,1:06, 6:03,1:09, 5:58)  + 1.55mi E

This went surprisingly well considering I haven't been running that much

runmomto3boys

Hit the track today

4.55mi  E + 4x1600m T with 200m recovery (6:04,1:05, 6:03,1:06, 6:03,1:09, 5:58)  + 1.55mi E

This went surprisingly well considering I haven't been running that much

That's just nuts.  What a run!!!!  You are one fast mo fo.

The Chairman

20 miles at 7:24 pace (OMG!). This is what happens when you run your LR with a 1:05 HMer and a 2:44 FMer!

So, can I start lobbying for you to run a race? Any race. Because I think you are ready to knock one out of the park.

The Chairman

That's just nuts.  What a run!!!!  You are one fast mo fo.

Meh. That was half marathon pace back in October.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

It's nice to vary the pace once in a while.  If road conditions are questionable, maybe run it as a Fartlek when you can find a nice dry stretch to open it up a little bit?  Have fun!

And vary the pace I did! I had been gradually speeding up my easy runs to the point that they were borderline tempo runs. Today, I throttled back a few seconds per mile and threw a couple of 800's in at around 8:00 pace each. It was a good run. Almost all the snow that fell this morning is gone, and it's all gone off the road so I essentially had a damp road on which to run.

It's supposed to hit around 50 tomorrow, so I will likely do my long run in the afternoon. I don't know what time the football game starts, but I probably won't be watching it anyway. I don't really care who wins.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:55:21