Beginners and Beyond

Super SATURDAILIES (Read 58 times)

runmomto3boys

Shari: Thanks for the kind words!  That was a pretty incredible 17 miler you knocked out today as well!!  I'm so glad you are back in the saddle again!

Phil: Wow!  That's a lot of days off - what day is your surgery scheduled for?

Kristin: You are making progress!  I'm so happy you got some pain-free running in.

Scott: What a huge, confidence boosting run right there!  I  think you have sub-4:00 in the bag too, by the sound of it.  Congrats on knocking out what is a very tough work out (being a Pfitz girl myself).

Luke: Eeekkkkk.....wishing you all the luck in the world in getting in that 11 tomorrow!!!  Get it done!

Robinde: What a fantastic 10 miler for you today!!!  :happy dance:

Tom: Awwww, thank you!

D2: Thanks so much!!!!  I don't know what is going on with my running as of late, but I don't want to jinx it!

I have two recovery days in a row now because I moved my 20 up to today.  I'm going to run them at a snail's pace to make sure I recover fully from all this fast stuff.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Snow's melted off the roads. I'm determined to run outside today, rather than on the TM. I just like it out there better.

Time to don the old shoes soon. Let's see if I can vary my pace a bit instead of the same old boring 9:00 - 9:15 that I seem to be doing all the time now.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Mostly harmless

20 miles at 7:24 pace (OMG!). This is what happens when you run your LR with a 1:05 HMer and a 2:44 FMer!

Holy crap you are one fast runner! Congrats on a great effort!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Robert31320

Team TJ

Heidi, your pace is simply amazing for less than 1 year!  That's amazing for anyone that has run for many years.  Nice job!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Mostly harmless

Snow's melted off the roads. I'm determined to run outside today, rather than on the TM. I just like it out there better.

Time to don the old shoes soon. Let's see if I can vary my pace a bit instead of the same old boring 9:00 - 9:15 that I seem to be doing all the time now.

It's nice to vary the pace once in a while.  If road conditions are questionable, maybe run it as a Fartlek when you can find a nice dry stretch to open it up a little bit?  Have fun!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

@runjerseygirl

So, I don't know if I misunderstood the woman last time, or if she misspoke, but overpronation is the opposite of my problem.  Angela was right, I have high arches and I supinate.

I went back to the LRS and had them check me again.  They confirmed that I needed a neutral shoe, but if I was still having pain, a neutral plus would probably be better.

They had me try the Brooks Adrenaline first, and they were okay.

But as soon as I put on the Glycerin's, I fell in love.  I hit the TM with them, and it was like I was running across a mattress.

And they're PINK!

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Heidi, nice run.  You just need to taper right now and come back here on 02/16 to run the A1A Marathon to BQ.  Then, sit down for 2+ hours and wait for me to finish, LOL.

Hmmm, I'm glad LRB, Robert, and I forced you to go back!  I hope they work for you and that your problems are over.

So, I don't know if I misunderstood the woman last time, or if she misspoke, but overpronation is the opposite of my problem.  Angela was right, I have high arches and I supinate.

I went back to the LRS and had them check me again.  They confirmed that I needed a neutral shoe, but if I was still having pain, a neutral plus would probably be better.

They had me try the Brooks Adrenaline first, and they were okay.

But as soon as I put on the Glycerin's, I fell in love.  I hit the TM with them, and it was like I was running across a mattress.

And they're PINK!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So many awesome runs happening today!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Well you can't have everything. Wink

And they're PINK!

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Just B.S.

Afternoon All! Well almost evening!

Left for the pool at 6:45 this morning and just getting home now. I'm tired!!!

5 times in the pool this week. Monday/Wed/Thursday X2/Saturday for a total of 6 kilometers!!

Plus 4 runs from Sunday-Friday.

It's only been a month and I was really excited because the coach told me that I've got the technique and

breathing really well (he told me I was a natural, that felt great!)  I just need more time in the pool to extended

my distance and start working on my speed.

So it looks like this summer after 5 years of doing duathlons I will be making a permanent leap to tri's!!Woot!!

I need a nap. BBL!!!

Chairman

Hit the track today

4.55mi  E + 4x1600m T with 200m recovery (6:04,1:05, 6:03,1:06, 6:03,1:09, 5:58)  + 1.55mi E

This went surprisingly well considering I haven't been running that much

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

runmomto3boys

Hit the track today

4.55mi  E + 4x1600m T with 200m recovery (6:04,1:05, 6:03,1:06, 6:03,1:09, 5:58)  + 1.55mi E

This went surprisingly well considering I haven't been running that much

That's just nuts.  What a run!!!!  You are one fast mo fo.

Chairman

20 miles at 7:24 pace (OMG!). This is what happens when you run your LR with a 1:05 HMer and a 2:44 FMer!

So, can I start lobbying for you to run a race? Any race. Because I think you are ready to knock one out of the park.

Chairman

That's just nuts.  What a run!!!!  You are one fast mo fo.

Meh. That was half marathon pace back in October.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

It's nice to vary the pace once in a while.  If road conditions are questionable, maybe run it as a Fartlek when you can find a nice dry stretch to open it up a little bit?  Have fun!

And vary the pace I did! I had been gradually speeding up my easy runs to the point that they were borderline tempo runs. Today, I throttled back a few seconds per mile and threw a couple of 800's in at around 8:00 pace each. It was a good run. Almost all the snow that fell this morning is gone, and it's all gone off the road so I essentially had a damp road on which to run.

It's supposed to hit around 50 tomorrow, so I will likely do my long run in the afternoon. I don't know what time the football game starts, but I probably won't be watching it anyway. I don't really care who wins.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54