Beginners and Beyond

Super SATURDAILIES (Read 58 times)

tinman11

7 mile race in a heavy snow storm today.  The race passed by several cow pastures. 

One steep hill for the first 1/4 of mile 2.  Mostly flat and downhill the rest of the way.

Average pace was 7:40/mile.  Good enough for 19th OA in a small field (field of runners, not cows), but I still didn't break the top 3 of my AG.  Not sure where I ended up yet, but maybe 4th, which could also be last......  I'll find out when they post the results.

January miles have been long but slow.  I may need to add in more speed work.  I bought a book that LTH recommends but I need to take a speed reading course just to read it before the year is over.

Mostly harmless

I've run as far as 2 miles with this little guy. He didn't seem tired at all when we got back, but I want to wait until he's full grown before I take him any longer than that.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

7 mile race in a heavy snow storm today.  The race passed by several cow pastures. 

One steep hill for the first 1/4 of mile 2.  Mostly flat and downhill the rest of the way.

Average pace was 7:40/mile.  Good enough for 19th OA in a small field (field of runners, not cows), but I still didn't break the top 3 of my AG.  Not sure where I ended up yet, but maybe 4th, which could also be last......  I'll find out when they post the results.

January miles have been long but slow.  I may need to add in more speed work.  I bought a book that LTH recommends but I need to take a speed reading course just to read it before the year is over.

Great job! I raced today too in snow and ice - no easy feat. It's hard getting a lot of fast running in the early months, but the volume will pay off too.

Zelane...I haven't. I still struggle taking care of myself, so not quite ready. I'd love a bulldog or mastiff buddy though.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I bought a book that LTH recommends but I need to take a speed reading course just to read it before the year is over.

Which book is that?

That's a cool lookin' dog there Scott!

Zelanie

Scott- Cute dog!  Looks like he was ready to go out again!

tinman11

Which book is that?

That's a cool lookin' dog there Scott!

LRB, it's "The Competitive Runner's Handbook", by Bob Glover & Shelly-Lynn Florence Glover.

It's really not a long book.  I just need to read it and put a plan in action.  Been focusing too much on long runs.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Did you run the trail of tears? Given the history, that should be more popular. Probably would have had a few more if the weather was more promising.

I probably could have ran that one, though I would not have been able to do 7:40 miles. Maybe 8:30 or so. Anyway, I didn't sign up so I missed it. I did get in 4 miles with a couple of intervals though.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks everyone!  After some ice and elevation, it's feeling much better.  Doesn't hurt to walk on it, so I think I'll just end up with the scrape and probably a nasty bruise.  I'll take it, could have been much worse.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!