Beginners and Beyond

Toosticuler Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Don't ask about the title........

Went to the gym this morning, then headed home and grabbed the dogs and headed to the trails. It was a gorgeous 55 degrees, I don't think I sweated any at all.

5.4 miles done.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Hola, consuelas!  Today I've got my first scheduled DOUBLE in forever.  Workout 1 is done, which was 5 miles easy/moderate, which I did at the track before work.  I jogged the curves, and went faster on the straights, so it was basically 30 x 100 meter pickups.  Tempo run tonight.

<3

Cyberic

Glad you're getting good weather too, FS.

Interesting run, Baboon.

Run commute for me. My future as a runner ranges anywhere between just someone who jogs to work to someone who wants to run the 6 majors in Sub3 in his 50-54 AG years. The most probable thing will be that I'll continue just winging it.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Last day in the office.  I have 8 with 800m and 400m tonight.

Woke up to the news of the earthquake near PR, WTF.  No damage reported and finally talked to my mom.  My dad is in Tampa so no worries from that end.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Practically had to use a crowbar to pry my eyes open, I'm so tired. 8 on the AlterG... my TrainingPeaks email yesterday had a different workout from the email today, but I'd already programmed the former into my watch and I liked it better anyway, so that's what I did.

1mi w/u
            ---------
            2x800m @HMP
            2x600m @10K
            2x400m @5K
            2x1200m @MP
            400m recovery
            ------------
            1mi c/d

Swimming in the freezing cold pool tonight. I love swimming, I really do, but the enjoyment is severely impeded by the full-body numbness. It's supposed to be a heated pool, FFS!

Oh, and I wanted to share this because it was simultaneously annoying (mansplaining is annoying) and amusing. The race I ran on Sunday was on a 10K loop, and you could register for 10K, 20K, or 30K. During the first loop I passed some guy who evidently did the 20K. I know this because after the race he asked me if he had passed me, or if I had passed him. (I had to look at his shoes to answer, since I'd only seen him from behind.) He said we had been close to each other at the end of the first loop and asked me if I knew what the time for that was because he wanted to know if he had run even splits. I did know, because I wanted to negative split and so I paid attention to the clock, which said 45:21 when I came through. He was happy about this because he finished the 20K in 1:34, so he thinks he ran even splits. I just looked at him.

And then he asked me if I'd ever done a marathon, and I said yes, and he asked how many, and I said five. Then he started dispensing his unsolicited advice, telling me that I shouldn't worry because you turn a corner every seven marathons. (Did I say I was worrying?) And then he started giving me marathon pacing advice! This from a guy who ran a four-minute positive split in a 20K and thinks that's a good thing.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Interesting run, Baboon.

Run commute for me. My future as a runner ranges anywhere between just someone who jogs to work to someone who wants to run the 6 majors in Sub3 in his 50-54 AG years. The most probable thing will be that I'll continue just winging it.

This is my favorite thing to do. With running, anyway, not so much in every other area of life.

chasing the impossible

onemile

I can't see you suddenly turning into the type of person who would spend the $$$$ to travel to run those

RunningOnSand

And then he started giving me marathon pacing advice! 

I find unsolicited "advice" like that maddening. Particularly from strangers. It's one thing if you ask for it, or if someone you know and talk to on the regular offers some tidbits. But otherwise, 

I was at a party on Sunday, when a man asked me about marathons. Similar to you--how many I've done. And then what my fastest time was (after I told him he proceeded to look me up and down, slowly--wtf???). Then he said, "not bad". Wut?! Then asks what my BQ is for my age group, and tries to give advice but is cut off by someone else (I could have kissed the other person). Gross. The whole thing was just gross.

I woke up on the proverbial wrong side of the bed. I'm super grumpy today, which is pretty odd, since I'm usually fairly happy go lucky. I don't even want to run. Oh well. Suck it up, buttercup?

Cyberic

Oh, and I wanted to share this because it was simultaneously annoying (mansplaining is annoying) and amusing. The race I ran on Sunday was on a 10K loop, and you could register for 10K, 20K, or 30K. During the first loop I passed some guy who evidently did the 20K. I know this because after the race he asked me if he had passed me, or if I had passed him. (I had to look at his shoes to answer, since I'd only seen him from behind.) He said we had been close to each other at the end of the first loop and asked me if I knew what the time for that was because he wanted to know if he had run even splits. I did know, because I wanted to negative split and so I paid attention to the clock, which said 45:21 when I came through. He was happy about this because he finished the 20K in 1:34, so he thinks he ran even splits. I just looked at him.

And then he asked me if I'd ever done a marathon, and I said yes, and he asked how many, and I said five. Then he started dispensing his unsolicited advice, telling me that I shouldn't worry because you turn a corner every seven marathons. (Did I say I was worrying?) And then he started giving me marathon pacing advice! This from a guy who ran a four-minute positive split in a 20K and thinks that's a good thing.

LOL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Then he started dispensing his unsolicited advice, telling me that I shouldn't worry because you turn a corner every seven marathons.

Huh?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

8 with 2.5 dirt over bumps plus four small hills, still some stuff for Farouk to work on.  Waited till after 7am to start as I’m off work today...people around means can’t pee anytime I wanted to

bluerun

Super B****

I find unsolicited "advice" like that maddening. Particularly from strangers. It's one thing if you ask for it, or if someone you know and talk to on the regular offers some tidbits. But otherwise, 

I was at a party on Sunday, when a man asked me about marathons. Similar to you--how many I've done. And then what my fastest time was (after I told him he proceeded to look me up and down, slowly--wtf???). Then he said, "not bad". Wut?! Then asks what my BQ is for my age group, and tries to give advice but is cut off by someone else (I could have kissed the other person). Gross. The whole thing was just gross.

I woke up on the proverbial wrong side of the bed. I'm super grumpy today, which is pretty odd, since I'm usually fairly happy go lucky. I don't even want to run. Oh well. Suck it up, buttercup?

Yeah, he asked me this too. After he had given me said unsolicited advice. And when I told him, he said something like, "Oh, you're still cooking." Like... did I come to you and say I think I'm running terribly slow marathons and I need your help?! AUGH!!

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

I can't see you suddenly turning into the type of person who would spend the $$$$ to travel to run those

Yeah, the 6 majors seem like a stretch. But I might give a look at the Paris marathon during lunch. I'll be 50 and it will be 20 years with the woman soon, so a Paris vacation would be nice. I doubt I could go sub3 though, as I'd come in last minute to have vacation time with the woman after the marathon, not before, and so I would be jet lagged. And it's not like a go sub3 easily. But just thinking it shows a mentality change from the money perspective. Before the race, they announced in the loudspeaker that a local journalist was running his 99th marathon. I thought that was cool, too!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Interesting run, Baboon.

It won't last.... forecast is already showing 90's as I get closer to October 5 (the Evansville Half Marathon). Maybe, just maybe the forecast will change over the next few days..... I'm freaking sick of this heat.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

Yeah, he asked me this too. After he had given me said unsolicited advice. And when I told him, he said something like, "Oh, you're still cooking." Like... did I come to you and say I think I'm running terribly slow marathons and I need your help?! AUGH!!

Oh my word. "Still cooking"?  Augh is right!