Beginners and Beyond

Speed Bump WednesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

Yo.

Out of nowhere, the area on the inside of my right ankle (post tib) was really sore yesterday, FFS. And although the pain appears to be gone, I am reluctantly (argh, it's 50 degrees outside!) going to take a rest day as a precaution. I feel good about where I am right now and do not want to risk a setback, but I am not sure my fragile psyche could handle one anyway!

I do have yoga tonight where I'll continue to look like the dweeb that I am, so all is not lost. Yay?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

LRB, it's just an ankle hiccup.  It will all be fine in the morning.

I ran 10.4 easy in the rain.  I was pretty thankful it was just a slow, shorter run this morning.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

I understand your caution, and rightfully so.

My Achille's pain is finally subsiding, and I'm not limping as much when I first get up from bed or from sitting for a long while as I was in the last few days. I still feel it, but it's finally showing signs of recovery.

Weather is aweful outside. It snowed in the night, right now there's freezing rain, and that is supposed to turn to rain today. I don't know what the streets/sidewalks will be like tonight, so I'm not going to take any chances and run indoors at lunch time. If the conditions are correct, I can always make it a double. Time will tell.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

LRB, you do know muscles and tendons ache from time to time?  Go!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  According to the forecast, it is going to rain like hell today, and the drizzle has started.  Since I don't run in the rain because it is stupid, I took to the treadmill for my 60 minute tempo run.  10 minute warm up, 4 x 10 minutes at 6:45 pace with 2 minute recoveries, 4 minutes easy.  8.35 miles total at 7:11 pace.  Good run...I just sort of felt like I was in cruise mode for the tempo intervals and I didn't push harder with a race in three days.

That is my only workout for the day.  Feels weird.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Glad I ran outside yesterday, because it's yucky today.  9 on the AlterG.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ran 10.5 miles this morning, I thought it was 54 degrees so I wore shorts and a tee (and gloves). Turns out it was 46 degrees with a feels like 43 and 7 mph SW winds, I still didn't feel too bad..... until I got home, for the last hour parts of my quads and shins have been on fire, the burning sensation is almost more than I can take..... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Dave

LRB

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

LRB, you do know muscles and tendons ache from time to time?  Go!

The anguish was insufferable, and worsened to the point that I developed a splitting headache that lasted through the night.  

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

8 mile.

onemile

For all you marathon trainers who like suffering:

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

lol

Docket_Rocket

Yuck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ewwww! It's got chemicals in it like amino acids.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.