Beginners and Beyond

SUN ... SUN ... SUNDAILIES! (Read 43 times)

BruceD555

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Train smart ... race smarter.

BruceD555

Well, there's certainly no sun here today. I think I've said it before but ... ENOUGH ALREADY. This was what we awoke to this morning in our backyard. Whoever is responsible for this belated April fool joke ... please come and collect it. I have 17 planned for today ... maybe.

Weary

Train smart ... race smarter.

Just B.S.

Bruce, pretty much the same view from my window today and 19-20 miles on tap for us.

Our next marathon is one month from today. Hopefully spring will have arrived by then.

Have a good day all!

forecast for central illinois today: sun, wind and 76*.  And I'm still not running but getting better.

So there's a lot of yard work to get done.

Spring has to start soon for you Bruce!

Well, there's certainly no sun here today. I think I've said it before but ... ENOUGH ALREADY. This was what we awoke to this morning in our backyard. Whoever is responsible for this belated April fool joke ... please come and collect it. I have 17 planned for today ... maybe.

Weary

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

delicate flower

Happy Sunday!  Got a wedding to attend today that will pretty much take up entire day as these things usually do.  DW and I were thinking of pedaling the spin bikes a bit this morning, but the laziness is high and if I take a rest day I won't lose any sleep over it.  Speaking of sleep, I am not used to sleeping until 7:30 without dog interruption.  The old dog would get us up at 5:00 every day.  Dog #2 is a lazy bum and gets up when we make her.

Ok then.

<3

Bruce, Beth - wow, that's just wrong.

Bruce - you're in WI, right? Someone at my race yesterday was saying how much they loved the Milwaukee Marathon.

Our weather is finally showing the teeniest signs of spring, forecasting 50 today; upper 60's tomorrow although of course rain.

Today would have been a much better day for yesterday's race, but wha chu gonna do.

Plan some kind of run today, maybe 6-8, should make it slow for a recovery kind of thing.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

LRB

Dog #2 is a lazy bum and gets up when we make her.

Ok then.

That was funny!

What up doe peeps, it's long run Sunday for me.  Hoping for something better than the 30 MPH wind blasts I dealt with last week, that didn't make any damn sense!

It's gonna be a few before I head out though, meanwhile, lets get it something cracka lackin' in the Keurig!

Good Sunday morning, everyone.

BruceD555, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that you enjoy your seventeen-mile run.

Beth, I hope that you and DH enjoy your run.

Scott, enjoy cross-training with yardwork.

Phil, have fun at the wedding.

DaveP MI, have a pleasant recovery run.

Rick, have a great run.

Thirty-five push-ups are done. In an hour or two, I'll do my long run. After that, I'll do ab work, before heading to the gym to do weights.

I need to bust my @$$ for the rest of April, in order to meet my monthly mileage goal.

LRB

I need to bust my @$$ for the rest of April, in order to meet my monthly mileage goal.

I am always amazed at the people who set monthly mileage goals, I don't know if I will ever do that.  I go by weekly mileage because it's easier to control, and even then it really is out of your control.

There could be a 10 mile or more drop in goal weekly mileage depending on the day I miss and the reason I miss it.

Not sure how you are going to handle it moving forward, but I do understand that bit of frustration, albeit for me, on a smaller scale.

delicate flower

I see the winner of the Boston Marathon 5K came in at 13:40 today.

I can not run a 13:40 5K.

Come to think of it, right now I can not run 5K.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Makes me sad to report that I had to run in a bra because it was too hot, sunny, and humid.  Instead of 13 boring miles, I decided to do 8 with 5 @ MP + 10% and 2 @ MP to finish.  I will finish the rest tonight before my weights because it's too hot to be out there any more.  I can lend you guys my sun if you want to.  It's already high up in the sky and a hot motherfucker.

Bruce, hope you get your 17 in.

Beth, enjoy your 20 miles.

Sparker, hope you continue getting better.

Baboon, enjoy the wedding.  Meant to ask if you have thought about adopting a second one or are taking a break.  Another lazy bum might help.

DaveP, enjoy your recovery run.  I love your weather.

LRB, enjoy your LR.

Basya, enjoy your LR.  Nice pushups.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Damaris, we have no plans to adopt a second one.  Things are definitely less hectic in the house with only one dog.  We may start fostering again though.  Of course, when you foster you always run the risk of failing and keeping one...

Big grin

<3

Phil, have fun at the wedding.

Rick, I know how I'll handle it. I've already told my boss and his wife that, for the rest of the month, I will not guarantee that I'll be at work before 9:00 a.m.. I've spread the word among friend with kids that I will not child-mind for any reason. (Except for one, the reaction has been "Good for you!") I'm not going to a social event tonight, so I can have the choices of squeezing in a short run or just relaxing.

Damaris, excellent eight-miler, but why is running in a bra bad?

I'm heading out for my LR. Later, people:*

Hip Redux

Morning!

I made blueberry pancakes from scratch this morning while the DH slept in.  Damn, I'm a nice wife.  Big grin

Going to be a gym/PT day, then off to lunch and pedicures with a friend.

Docket_Rocket

Foster failures, love them!

Damaris, we have no plans to adopt a second one.  Things are definitely less hectic in the house with only one dog.  We may start fostering again though.  Of course, when you foster you always run the risk of failing and keeping one...

Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page