Beginners and Beyond

SUN ... SUN ... SUNDAILIES! (Read 43 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Nice running, everyone!

I hope Zelanie is doing well. I know she's going to rock it today - or it's already been rocked - I can't remember what time her race was.

My 5 miles are done. Even with a mildly annoying wind, it is beautiful out there. Even with the wind, I rolled down my arm warmers in the second mile. That marks my third 40-mile week. 2 weeks til my HM.

LRB

Ended up with 8.35 miles at 8:41 pace. I suppose too fast for a recovery run, but this was not a day for a leisurely stroll.

Same thing here!  I normally run between 8:50's and 9:15's on Sunday but today clocked in several 8:33's and only one 8:50.  Crazy man, just crazy!

LRB

I also made the local paper.  They are doing a few stories about running to go along with today's race.  The article is mostly right, except for the typo in the caption and I walked my first 5K two years ago, not last year (but I did start running last year).

Here is the link.  Complete with floater picture!

Super Cool!  Cool

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

23.4 miles for me. Did I need that many?. Nope. But I did it anyways. It wasn't my best run but it was okay. Cloudy the whole time so didn't have to deal with the sun beating down on me.

Marjorie

LRB

23.4 miles for me. Did I need that many?. Nope. But I did it anyways. It wasn't my best run but it was okay. Cloudy the whole time so didn't have to deal with the sun beating down on me.

My God woman you are an animal!

Robert31320

Team TJ

RD, prepping for a fresh start Monday morning.  This has been the lowest mileage week for me since I started running.  I'm now all refresed and ready to run!

Running for TJ because he can't.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Not really. I'm just insane.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

At least you admit it....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Marjorie, 23.4? You're a beast. Love it!

Robert, I hope that you're having a relaxing and refreshing RD.

Weights and one TM mile at 5.7mph (10:31) and a 5.0 incline. I've decide to tack a short hill run onto the end of my weight training for additional strength work. If I run Jerusalem again next year, I'll need it!

hog4life

Basya, nice run!

Zelanie is done, she posted on FB, congrats Zel!! You did freggin awesome.

Im heading out for some recovery miles, maybe 4-5 after yesterday's 12.

Rubybaby43

enabler

Quote from LRB on 4/14/2013 at 2:38 PM:

She is!!  It's a little known fact.

KLO

more miles = more beer

Rondog65

Hello All,

Oski blue berry pancakes, all dailies will be over next time (took DW out to our favorite breakfast spot this am).

Zelanie good luck with the race today, nice article.

GC good luck with setting some racing goals, I know that helps me keep going.

Basya great job on getting the 14 miles done, you rock.

Marjorie 23.4 miles, wow, I am still impressed with mileage that you crazy people can accomplish.  I keep chipping away at it one mile at a time.

Robert everyone needs to take a pause to recharge the battery once in a awhile.  Next week will be better.

Put in 11 miles today at a slow pace.  I could feel my legs being heavy after yesterday’s 7 miles at a quick pace.  I normally don’t do back to back runs like this as I am very conservative in my training.  However it was good to challenge myself and I feel good.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

At least you admit it....

Yes I do.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

She is!!  It's a little known fact.

Yep

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, did my 24th race of 2013:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/c5227e2719cc460cba9f51a07e3d0ae4#focus

Followed that up on Sunday morning by doing 3.5 miles around Lake Elmendorf Park, a local San Antonio park.  Never been to this park in all the time I've lived here, to took a few photos along my route.

As I started out, I was greeted by the sight of all these birds - egrets, maybe? - in a couple of trees by the lake.

race 073

Some nice views from the park trail of the lake and of some of the buildings of Our Lady Of The Lake University

race 070

race 064

race 065

race 066

race 067

Some murals along some of the stonework near the park trails.  I suppose some folks would call this 'graffitti" but it looks like quite well-crafted art-work to me.

race 070

race 068

race 069

Right before I got back to where my car was parked, I passed the trees where the birds were and found that the back of the trees were just as full of birds  as in the first photo I took of the front of the trees.

race 072

race 071

In the past, the West Side of San Antonio has had a reputation of being somewhat of  a high-crime area, and a not-so-safe area to be in.  Yet for my run this morning, I did not find that so at all.  I found it to be very pleasant and  the people/residents I encountered along my route were quite friendly.  I even got a few 'high-fives" along the way for my "I BEAT CANCER! NEVER GIVE UP!" shirt.  This is a very nice little park and I was surprised that more people were not out there taking advantage of its good trails. Definitely will run here again in the future sometime.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt