Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's St. Patty's Tuesdaily (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Top of the morning to all the penguins! 5 Done this morning group tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  10 with 6 at MP tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning O'Penguins !!!

Health Club for me after work.  Running RD.

Corned beef and cabbage (and beer) tonight.

Have a safe St. Patty's day.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning PAD, Jerry, and Docket.

4.6 miles done early this morning for me.  The best feeling run I've done in quite some time!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  Yoga and massage were good yesterday.  Today I might do a super easy jog around the park (1.2ish miles) and more yoga or just more yoga.  I'm still pretty sore from Sunday.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

saph- Congrats on your fantastic HM this weekend. Smile  A couple of days after is always the peak of soreness for me, so hopefully this is the worst of it for you today.

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Penguins!!  The performance last night went really well, except that for some reason all of our songs were really fast (adrenaline, anyone?).  But that's ok, we have 10 minutes for our package, and last night it was 8 minutes 23 seconds, so singing faster just gives us a bit of cushion.  So woo-hoo!!  Tonight DH is trying his hand at Irish stew, so we'll see how it goes.  The recipe is from www.damndelicious.net.

O'PAD -- Woo-hoo for your 5 done, and enjoy the group run tonight!!

O'Docket -- Enjoy your 10 with 6 of insanity!!

O'Jerryb -- Have fun at the health club, and enjoy the yummy food and drink!!

O'Robert -- Woo-hoo for your good-feeling 4.6!!

O'sapf --  Yoga and massage sounds wonderful!!  Have a good easy jog, or more yoga!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

O'Zel -- good morning!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

O'HopesMom, back atcha!  Glad the performance went well!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

So, what's everyone drinking today.  New Belgium for us. Just bought a case at Costco.

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm not a fan of alcohol, but DH is drinking Guiness tonight, plus putting some in the stew.

Happy St. Paddy's Day Everyone!

Easy 4.5 planned for after work. Sticking to water today. I already drank my life's allotment of beer so will be staying away. Even when I loved beer, never quite understood the lure of green beer. I was afraid of what it might look like after the fun passed through me.

Kathleen (nee Duffy)

(Just a little Irish!)

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

From the Internet.

Morning pens!

3.15 miles early this morning - my first early AM run in weeks Big grin I miss starting my day off like that, makes the rest of my day much less stressful when I'm not worrying about when I'll run. Dark and rainy and there were still some icy patches on the sidewalks (a few bad neighbors who make no effort to clear their sidewalks!  Wink, so it was slow going. Rain and 36 would have had me taking a rest day or running later a few months ago, it feels positively balmy now!

Probably a couple more miles on the TM to test out the new racing flats and some strength work at the gym this afternoon.

Brilliant

Hello Penguins,

Jill, sorry you are still sore.  Me, too, grrr.

Jerry, have fun tonight.

Kathleen, you are smart.

PAD, enjoy the double.

Robert, I'm glad your run felt so good!

Damaris, happy MPing tonight.

Zel, hi!

Lauren, nice running this morning!  Have fun trying out the new shoes.

I'm unwell today (and yesterday). Lots of digestive troubles, headache, temperature regulation problems (Mostly I've felt hot, but right now hubby and son are in shorts and t-shirts and I'm in leggings and a thermal top).   I do have a corned beef brisket, so I hope I have the energy to chop up the potatoes and cabbage and throw it all into the crockpot in a bit.