Beginners and Beyond

Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before MONDAILIES (Read 244 times)

Docket_Rocket

I agree with Flippy. My 5K is faster than both of you and my easy runs are at 11mm with my range being 10:30-11:30.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

+ 2 to Flip.

scottydawg, congratulations on the race!

Shari, excellent job on the run.

c0derunner, I hope that your runn goes well.

Nightcrawler, enjoy your nighttime run.

Pinktastic, I hope you manage to do 5.5.

Ami, enjoy the SRD.

B-Plus, nice pace. I'm sorry about the coffeeSad

So_Im_a_Runner, great run.

FlippyNoodle, enjoy your new lights.

PurpleToes, wonderful runs.

Ric-G, good joob on the five.

Kay, I'm happy you managed to run during lunch.

jneilt, great workouts. I hope PT went well.

I'll do ab work tonight. I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze twenty-five push-ups into my day here at work. My break ends in two minutes. Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone!

@runjerseygirl

Oy, am I ever going to understand this whole running thing?

Do you even run?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Enjoy the Christmas Concert RM23B!

Yay for new shoes, Billy!  Just got me some new Asics Nimbus.

Dang, Kristin.  Sounds like it's time to move, with that weather!  How about San Antonio? It will be 71 here today! Big grin

Frustrated with a colleague, hope that resolves BasyaSpiliakos.  I can relate.  Of course, I try to be fair and think, hey, I'm sure some of my colleagues often get frustrated with me too. 

scotty - you should try the Mizuno wave Riders. Much better shoe than the Nimbus.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good evening fellow runners! I was at the Adidas Outlet store yesterday and found a great deal on the Feather 2. It is a real lightweight trainer. I already run in the Boston 3. They are both made for neutral runners with minimal padding so I figured they would work. I ran 5.4 miles in them last night and they felt fine.

Here is the great part. I had a 50% off coupon for my entire purchase. I bought the shoes, a long-sleeve tech shirt, and running shorts for $57 with tax! Black wasn't my first color choice, but for $35 I can be flexible. They have the bright orange accents which I like.

My training has been going fine. I actually ran 3 days in a row! I am starting to ramp up my mileage as I start training HM training in earnest on January 15th. I am at 95% health wise. My runs are getting faster and easier. 

I am just checking in as I haven't been on here in a while. 

Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

B-Plus

SUS - Great deal! Did you decide on a HM training plan? Which one?

Kay, you're still learning. You'll often be surprised by the things of which your body is capable. Please don't be so hard on yourself.

SUSchnauzer, what deals! Is joy everything in good health. I'm glad that you're feeling better and able to run more

LRB

Good evening fellow runners!

I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn you quit us...oh wait, that was someone else.  Sorry.

Time to get off my lazy ass.... I'm going to start the week off with 3 easy miles tonight.

Nearly 4 miles in the books (3.8 if we are keeping score). The streak is over.

I tried out Knuckle Lights 2.0 for the first time, and they worked really great.

Luke79

PB 10k done.  This time it was 53:11 (8:35 pace), run at a "moderate-comfortably hard" level.  I'm very optimistic about what I will be able to accomplish in 2013, if I can stay of the IR. 

@runjerseygirl

PB 10k done.  This time it was 53:11 (8:35 pace), run at a "moderate-comfortably hard" level.  I'm very optimistic about what I will be able to accomplish in 2013, if I can stay of the IR. 

Awesome, Luke!  

Do you even run?

Luke79

Thanks Kelly.  That magical 8:30 ish pace is magical.  It's what I'm eyeing for my upcoming trail 10 miler in January.

@runjerseygirl

Thanks Kelly.  That magical 8:30 ish pace is magical.  It's what I'm eyeing for my upcoming trail 10 miler in January.

Serious props to you for that goal.  Trails are no joke.  A bunch of people I know have left their fair share of blood on the trails.  I can't wait to read about it. Smile

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!  Finally getting a chance to post.

4 miles this evening after work, complete with the flashing red light, ankle reflector bands, and a bright LED flashlight. 9:15 overall pace, with the last 0.1 mile at about 6:40. A nice run, especially after a 12 hour shift.

SUS - great deal on the shoes!

Kay, you'll get used to the easy pace thing. Just make most runs slow, easy runs (almost jogs, really) and throw in some faster stuff from time to time.

Code - I gave up my streak last week after 14 days. On the 14th day, my legs felt like lead and I was a bit lethargic. On an effort level, I was running 9:10, but in reality, I was running about 9:50. A rest day was what I needed. I now have a greater respect for rest days.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54