Beginners and Beyond

Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before MONDAILIES (Read 244 times)

@runjerseygirl

Is it time yet?

Do you even run?

LRB

Is it time yet?

A girl after my own heart!

Code - I gave up my streak last week after 14 days. On the 14th day, my legs felt like lead and I was a bit lethargic. On an effort level, I was running 9:10, but in reality, I was running about 9:50. A rest day was what I needed. I now have a greater respect for rest days.

Tom, total respect to you for your streak! That's so awesome.  Mine, on the other hand deserves less respect. It was 8 days of NO running LOL. My mind and body enjoyed the break though.

It was my first full week off since April of 2011.

@runjerseygirl

No glass necessary.  Just give me the bottle.  And maybe a straw.

Do you even run?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Busy busy evening, but I made time for some pushups and tennis ball work on the ole hamstring. I also roasted some coffee as part of a friend's Christmas present. I hope she likes it.
            SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

SUS - Great deal! Did you decide on a HM training plan? Which one?

The Hudson plan. I am going to order the book from Amazon, although Santa does know I want it.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom, total respect to you for your streak! That's so awesome.  Mine, on the other hand deserves less respect. It was 8 days of NO running LOL. My mind and body enjoyed the break though.

It was my first full week off since April of 2011.

If I had read your post more carefully, I might have noted that your streak was a non-running streak! Smile

Seriously, I hope that it helped you. Time off is indeed helpful from time to time.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

c0derunner, cool run.

Congratulations, Luke!

Tom, wow, you ran at 9:15 after a twelve-hour shift? Amazing.

I did twenty-five push-ups while I was with the kindergarteners this afternoon. I just finished ab work. I'm having dinner and going zzzzzzz...

runmomto3boys

I got in 6 miles at 8:25 pace tonight after my son's concert. I'm glad I got some miles in - it'll make it easier to hit my goal this week.

hog4life

I got in 6 miles at 8:25 pace tonight after my son's concert. I'm glad I got some miles in - it'll make it easier to hit my goal this week.

How was the concert? 

B-Plus

The Hudson plan. I am going to order the book from Amazon, although Santa does know I want it.

Cool stuff. I'll be doing the Hudson 10K starting the end of January. I still need to read the book though.

Tom - Congrats on the streak. I'm currently on day 19. I hear you on the value of those rest days. I think I'm starting to build up some fatigue. I'll take a day off if I absolutely need to, but I'm going to try to stick it out for the rest of the month. It's sometimes more mentally draining. The alarm clock went off this morning and I was like, "Whaa? It's time to run again?"

Double-duty today:

AM - 3.4 @ 9:11

PM - 7.2 @ 8:28 w/ 6 strides

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I looked at the clock, it was after 9:00...and I just didn't feel like running. It had to happen sooner or later. /streak

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I've had quite a day here.  I got home at 2pm and found one of my cats was missing.  We spent hours looking and then one hour ago my other cat escaped while I was leaving food and water for Sammy (the missing cat).  He went straight to where Sammy was hiding and we got her home.  Success!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I looked at the clock, it was after 9:00...and I just didn't feel like running. It had to happen sooner or later. /streak

Sorry you broke the streak but that's one of the reasons why I don't do one.  I have too much stuff going on in life and I sometimes want the freedom to say fuck it, I'm not running.  Are you starting one tomorrow?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

*shrug* I don't know if I'll restart it or not.