Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday Penguins - Time To Break Out Your Red Solo Cups! (Read 32 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

Break out those Red Solo cups this weekend and fill them with rehydrating recovery drinks!

Yesterday I ran 3 miles in my new shoes. I felt fast but that might just have been because I was trying to avoid traffic in the place I was running.

Every athlete exercises discipline in every way.

Dad on the run.

Gustav - Is beer a recovery drink?

AFM - After my run Wed. I come to realize your body deffinitely tells you when you haven't ran in a while. My legs were so sore yesterday I moaned every time I realized I had to go back upstairs for something, lol. Oh well, it was a good feeling I've really missed getting out there.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Good morning Gustav and Jimmy.

I'll run an easy 3-5 this afternoon. Then rest until Sunday's race.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Gustav, glad you like the new shoes, I'm debating whether or not to pick up a new pair before my half.

Jimmy, absolutely, beer is a great recovery drink, lots of carbs! Smile lol

Mitch, have a great run and good luck at your race on Sun!

AFM, 8 outstanding miles done this morning!  I don't know if it was cause I was feeling good from finding out that I'm not injured, or if I was fueled by all the Valentine's candy I ate yesterday (maybe both!), but it was a really great run, fast too.  It's supposed to be 60* and sunny this afternoon, so I might make it a double. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day, TGIF!!!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Hey guys!  I ran 8 miles last night, and then cooked a steak dinner with P3.  Finally, we watched Spirit of the Marathon.  I thought that movie was amazing, and inspiring.  I can't wait for the second one.  Oh, and 3 days in a row I've weighed under 230 in the morning.  Woohoo!

Gustav - I have on more than one occasion had beer as a recovery drink. I like it.

jblack - That's just running's way of letting you know that if you ever leave running again, running will cut you in your sleep.

Mitch - I'm ready for your race.  What is everybody else waiting for?  Let's do this!

Dave - I think that we're all just glad you aren't clompin' along in a cast right now.  Stay safe out there.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Awood - That's funny. Apparently however, it does not affect the dogs as much as us humans. Carter (the puppy) comes in the house after our 4 miler and starts doing laps in the house, bouncing off the walls then looks at me as if to say "lets do 3 more!"

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Philliefan33

Oh hooray for Friday!

Awood -- did you win the cutest couple contest??

SRD for me.  We are headed for the mountains.  My mom called last night to let me know that she and Dad are meeting us there.  That kind of throws a monkey wrench in my plans for the weekend, but family is always welcome.  I will just need to juggle my planned runs some, and probably won't get a LR done this week.

Off to get some work done.  The sooner I finish, the sooner it's the weekend. Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

Awood I watched that movie recently. Loved it.

Lots of good running going on today Smile

SRD for me. Went to yoga last night instead of this afternoon because I leave to go down to my boyfriend's after work for the weekend. I did just do some foam rolling and a short version of my hip routine though.

Happy Friday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

Mitch, go get that goal. You'll do well in the race.

Dave, so happy that your legs is ok.

AFM, didn't get a run in yday. Might also missed it today. Today is a raining day again.

Scotty, I am at Asia pacific region and if it rains, it's usually heavy. I will run thru rain, except those with lightning, if I am already out. But will not step out if its already started. Maybe I'm just a little weird. Hee

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Philliefan33

Forgot to say Good Luck Mitch -- I'll be tracking (or is it stalking???) your progress via text message.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck mitch!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Mitch  - good luck ! Are you running solo or with a pace group?

Hey friends.

I hadn't poked my head in here lately. Running has been good. Last weekend I got two 9 milers in. This week I have had an 8, 3, 4, 6. Not sure what I will get in this weekend. I am in the drs office with a sore throat. Ugh.

DW has decided that I can do MCM in late October if she can do it also. So we made a plan to slowly build up and get her to finish. The build up is pretty fast, but not as fast as mine was to my marathon. She looked cute this am with my head lamp and blinky red light Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a recovery run tonight.  Very excited about Sunday with the only Winter day in Miami on marathon day, woot!

Mitch, good luck this weekend!

BinRunning, that's the same type of rain we have here in Miami.  I also would continue running if I'm already out (unless there is lightning and there is always lightning) but would not start if it's raining.

Gustav, Awood, jblack, D2, Phillie, kristin, Tomas, have a great day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page