Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies on the 3rd. (Read 38 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 miles in the dark.  It's dark until about 5:30 now, so any daylight running before work is over for the year.  I'll miss dawn breaking while I'm on the road.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have either 8 and Barre class or just Barre class.  Still have not decided if hubby is well enough to travel to PR to see my mom (who is still in the hospital but being a pain to the nurses so ready to go home).  Hubby started having the hand seizures again which means his meds need to be recalibrated and I might want to wait until he is more stable before leaving him alone or taking him with me.  Anyway, if no PR trip, I'll run the 8 on Saturday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

5K tonight. #saveme

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

My legs were fried from the jump, but I went ahead and improvised a set of 5 intervals.

7 miles of some shit is what I ended up with. lol

onemile

My legs were fried from the jump, but I went ahead and improvised a set of 5 intervals.

7 miles of some shit is what I ended up with. lol

what jump?

14 at 8:43. Not bad. Except having to get up early enough to get it in before a 7:30 meeting. 

Dave

LRB

what jump?

It's short for jump ball, as it relates to the start of a basketball game. So from the first step I took this morning, my legs were fried. 

Zelanie

I have my beginning walk/run group tonight, but moat of the people who show up tend to be walkers. Last time I went early and ran for a bit, then walked with the group, then rounded out my mileage afterwards. The advantage is that I only have to go out once that way. The disadvantage that that's the hottest part of the day.

So maybe I should show up and if there are no runners, walk with the group and do my whole run afterwards when hopefully it's cooled a bit.

delicate flower

Hello, friends!  BRRRRR.....chilly bike ride before work!  Temps in the 50's meant gloves and long sleeves!    Anyway, 20 miles at 17.5 mph.  I tried to ride faster but my legs were all "LOLOLOL NO!"

<3

Docket_Rocket

14 at 8:43. Not bad. Except having to get up early enough to get it in before a 7:30 meeting. 

Who the heck plans a 7:30 meeting?  We are lucky that our boss starts working at 10 amd by then I have been there for close to 4 hours without anyone bugging me. Lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

RD

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

First step at 5:00 AM 'eh? I just can't even fathom that. And going from 12 to 14 miles for your MLR is sick yo. You are the marathon!

LRB

I have my beginning walk/run group tonight, but moat of the people who show up tend to be walkers. Last time I went early and ran for a bit, then walked with the group, then rounded out my mileage afterwards. The advantage is that I only have to go out once that way. The disadvantage that that's the hottest part of the day.

So maybe I should show up and if there are no runners, walk with the group and do my whole run afterwards when hopefully it's cooled a bit.

Either option sucks IMO. I would send them on their way in one direction, then run in the other direction. lol

Docket_Rocket

First step at 5:00 AM 'eh? I just can't even fathom that. And going from 12 to 14 miles for your MLR is sick yo. You are the marathon!

Unfortunately, that is the time I am leaving for work lately....  Wahhh

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hubby is cleared to run!  And to do all he wants.  Still in shock that 15 days post brain surgery he can run/fly, etc.

Damaris

Fundraising Page