Beginners and Beyond

Wonderful Wendsdailies (for Lily) (Read 292 times)

Don't call me Buttercup!

SmileWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Smile

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

----

4 after I drop the kids off at school.  What are the rest of you slackers up to?  

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Docket_Rocket

About time! :-P MLR tonight. You won't know the miles until Monday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

My kindergartner's Christmas concert is tonight, so I gave myself the day off. I wanted to run this AM, but I am pretty sore from the last two days (thanks to a week break). I'll shift the miles around some to make up for it.  It's hard to balance family and marathon training this busy time of the year!

mucknort

Cranking up the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Factory for the annual Holiday deliveries to friends and neighbors. Running has been limited due to a mysterious abdominal pain. Hoping its not a hernia like I had when I was 20.

happylily

Thank you, Di! hugs to you... :-)

Christmas activities are starting, how exciting! I'm going to take the older kids in my house (the daycare is a separate place from my house) to finish decorating the Christmas tree I started with my DD last week. And we'll eat blueberry waffles with maple syrup, just because I feel like it. Did I ever tell you that I love my job? Big grin

14 slow miles tonight, after work.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

not lazy, just tired

See, we can have dancing bananas, too!

Morning All. No running for me, another ski day.  Running and skiing has made me extra hungry and my weight is up a couple of pounds... arghhh. Got to get the eating under control.

Banana

Not if it makes sense.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

8 miles @ 8:04/mile done.  It actually feels like December again, love it!  I have nothing against warm weather, but it's supposed to be cold in the winter, I want my seasons!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

What do you say there, fellow joggers!?  I am taking Friday off, so I am very much looking forward to a long weekend.  I've got two busy days to get through first though.  I had a great eight mile run last night (see separate thread), but after I got home and had dinner, my stomach really started to ache.  I'm not sure what was up with that.  So I went to bed early, ached for a bit, but then woke up feeling ok.  I dunno.   

10 easy miles on my evening schedule.  Have a great Humpday!

<3

Shortest run ever.  Didn't feel like running yesterday, but made myself.  Didn't feel like running today, stood there at my door and debated with myself, then went out to do it.  1 minute in I decided, "This is stupid" and turned around and went home and climbed back in bed with DH, running clothes and all.  0.23 miles.  I figured if I make myself run when I don't want to, I'll make myself hate it.  The last time I bumped my mileage up, I felt super unmotivated the week after and it turned into a cut back week.  I figure that's what's happening here.  So I'm calling this a cutback week and will only run what I feel like, then will be back on the plan next week.  Yeah.

In other news-  I got the next quilt sandwiched and ready for quilting last night.  Big grin  Will be DS' 9th birthday present, if I can get it done in time.  

Christmas party at my SIL's with the kids this afternoon/evening.  Should be a nice day. 

Have a good one, guys!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Day 22 done! It is a cold morning once again, but I went out for 3.14 miles with fartleks. I giggled when I realized that I ran pi. I am such a nerd.
                      mucknort

See, we can have dancing bananas, too!

Banana

You bet!

delicate flower

This place needs a happy carrot.

and a running Mickey.

<3

Samurai in Training

Going to hit the trail tonight after work.  Struggling a bit on the homefront with some family issues this week.  I just keep looking forward to my daughter coming home from school on Saturday... just get me through to Saturday.

Day 22 done! It is a cold morning once again, but I went out for 3.14 miles with fartleks. I giggled when I realized that I ran pi. I am such a nerd.

Nice streakin', Flippy.  I'm on a different kind of streak. I haven't ran since Saturday.

Today is a definite chance of maybe.

@runjerseygirl

I'll be doing 2-3 easy mile today.  I think I caught my daughter's bronchitis.  It's not full blown yet, but I started with the cough yesterday.  Hopefully I can get to the dr tonight and get on some AB's before my race Saturday.

Do you even run?