Beginners and Beyond

Wonderful Wendsdailies (for Lily) (Read 292 times)

Luke79

Back from my run. 3.6 miles rolling hills. So good to be running again. Clown

Grats Hil.  I'm glad for you.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Thanks to the asthma, I won't make my 2012 goal, even the one I lowered.  Bring on 2013.

^This except the asthma part of it.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Good luck this weekend!  I know some people will laugh at me but I REALLY wanted to run the Santa Hustle bc that medal is just really cool!  I didn't sign up because I have to work but am pretty bummed.

Thanks!  The date just really worked well for me and it was a good excuse to visit grad school friends in Bloomington but when I checked out the details of the race, I got excited!  I like that the tech shirt they give out isn't just run of the mill with name of race, sponsors, etc.

mucknort

A Christmas light run sounds fantastic! I might just give that a try, maybe Friday or Saturday evening!

Okay, so I'm goofy, but the image in my head now is wearing battery powered Christmas lights and going for a run. Probably because I was at a Micheals Craft Store last night and they had battery powered mini Christmas lights on sale. My neighbors wouldn't be surprised at all if I did something like this.

Damaris, have a great MLR tonight.

RM2B, enjoy your workouts and your rest day with the boys.

mucknort, I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery. Soon!

Lily, have a happy 14.

stupidlazydog, keeping weight under control can be difficultSad

Dtothe2nd, great pace on the 6!

Baboon, have easy, stomach-trouble-free 10.

Kristin, happy quilting and enjoy  the party.

FlippyNoodle, twenty-two consecutive days o' running? Wow!

Eddie, I hope the family situation improves and that you have a great run tonight.

Kay, I hope you feel well soon and that you can run problem-free.

Hilary, great run at lunch!

jedigunnie26.2, nice mileage and fartleks!

Shari, enjoy your SRD.

April, have a great 3.0 at lunch.

Ami, great job doing the run early and in the cold.

lilac_jive, enjoy your running group meetup.

Robert, I'm glad you ran before work became busy.

Weezer, how cold does it have to be for you to wear tights?

Purple Toes, excellent run!

bucky2009, enjoy the 3.0!

Tom, feel well, soon.

Pinktastic, your body will figure out what it needs.

Fourteen quarter-mile repeats at the gym after work. I have to miss the weekly run club meetup, in order to do it. Also, I'm having a difficult time resisting Chanukah treatsSad

runmomto3boys

MBC: You need to buy a lottery ticket today! It's your lucky day!

Hilary: Congrats on the awesome run today!!!!  Woot!

Code: Good for you for reigning the running in. That is a much better reason than injury, etc.  Take it easy this week, then!

Lilac: Enjoy that LRS run tonight!

Robert: Yay!  Good job squeezing the run in during a break in the storm.

David: Fantastic job on the miles for the year!  Woohoo!  That is a lot of running!

Damaris: Hopefully, 2013 will be a better year for you, mileage wise.  You had some good running this year, so that's a big deal!

Purple Toes: Oohhhh, that was a tough 6.4 miles today!!!  Great job!

Sarah: Have a great run today, whatever distance you decide to go.

Buchy: Stay healthy!  That race is coming up soon!

Tom:  I think the rest day is a good idea.  Hopefully, you'll feel good as new tomorrow!

Luke: Nice job on the biking/running this week!  I hope the 8 go well today.  I'm so glad you are back and running like you are.

Basya: 14 repeats??  Holy smokers!  What a work out!  I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Nevrgivup

Grats Hil.  I'm glad for you.

Awww. Thanks Luke! 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Buelligan

I'll be doing 2-3 easy mile today.  I think I caught my daughter's bronchitis.  It's not full blown yet, but I started with the cough yesterday.  Hopefully I can get to the dr tonight and get on some AB's before my race Saturday.

ABs?  Antibiotics?  Unless it's the rare form of bronchitis caused by bacteria, antibiotics would be of little help unless a doc thinks the viral form would lead to a secondary infection.  

I won't take an antibiotic unless absolutely necessary.  Like if l was dying or something.  

I've been fighting off bronchitis myself lately.  Had a slight cough that disappeared after one day.   My immune system is the best it's ever been, apparently.  Everyone around me is sick as helI.

Nevrgivup

ABs?  Antibiotics?  Unless it's the rare form of bronchitis caused by bacteria, antibiotics would be of little help unless a doc thinks the viral form would lead to a secondary infection.  

I won't take an antibiotic unless absolutely necessary.  Like if l was dying or something.  

I've been fighting off bronchitis myself lately.  Had a slight cough that disappeared after one day.   My immune system is the best it's ever been, apparently.  Everyone around me is sick as helI.

abx= antibiotics. Had to chime in with my medical knowledge. Which "class" of abx is she taking Kay? LOL. Kidding. I'm studying for my last pharmacology exam and my brain has gone haywire with an entire semesters worth of different drugs. Big grin

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Okay, so I'm goofy, but the image in my head now is wearing battery powered Christmas lights and going for a run. Probably because I was at a Micheals Craft Store last night and they had battery powered mini Christmas lights on sale. My neighbors wouldn't be surprised at all if I did something like this.

I am not opposed to this idea. I decorated my pickup truck a couple of years ago to pull the "sleigh" trailer for the annual hayride at the Nature Center. It looked festive with the big wreath on the front, and green lights around the bed.

I know just the neighborhood where this would work, I think.

Hello, Hobby Lobby....

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Rest day, Schmest day!

3.5 miles, easy pace of 9:14 overall, negative splits, 9:30, 9:21, 9:01. Legs felt great. I'm still hitting the hills tomorrow.

I will likely be resting Saturday since I'm volunteering at the Wauhatchie Trail run as a course sentry and photographer. Ought to be fun.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Had the day off yesterday as I dealt with all the accident aftermath, insurance, talking to insurance assessor and repair shop, arranging for a rental car, etc., mostly a lot of on the phone stuff.  Finally, at about 3:30 PM, I did not want to deal with it anymore for a while so I went out for a run in my neighborhood.  Did 3.75 miles of mild hills in 40 minutes.  Weather was nice, 54 degrees, sunny, no wind. 

However, after I got back home and inside, I suddenly got the 'chills'.  Don't know if it was a delayed reaction to the accident, or a bit of carryover from the virus I had last week, or what, but all of a sudden I just felt really cold and could not keep warm.  I took a really hot shower, then piled on some sweats, etc. and climbed under the covers and slept for about 2 hours.  Then Gail got home and gave me tea and soup.  Sat right in front of my heating vent with layers of clothing on, starting to get nice and toasty, then went to bed early.  Woke up this a.m. feeling really good.   After I got out of the shower, Gail told me she was going to change the sheets cuz they were drenched on my side of the bed, so apparently whatever I had I profusely sweated it all out last night. 

Today I am back at work and will work an hour or so late, catching up on work I missed from yesterday.  Today is a rest day for me from running, then back at it tomorrow. 

BTW, the rental car provided for me - my insurance covers it - is a Dodge Charger.  A muscle car!  I feel like such a fraud...I don't have any muscles... Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MrNamtor

Heh...I just realized yesterday's run pushed me past 2140 for the year, officially doubling my total from last year.  YAY ME. 

Nice!

Shakedown Street

Hour and 30 on the treadmill, next to very very very large man who wanted to talk to me the entire time and would set the treadmill to 95mph and jump on it for 5-8 seconds every three minutes or so for some sort of interval crap.

Maybe I gave him the flu?

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Hi dailies:

Baboon - more than double last year's total, that is excellent.

Hilary - happy for you being back at it Big grin

Muck - running covered in christmas lights...that's not a bad idea for the holidays

Tom - nice "rest day"

Scotty - sweet, drive it like you stole it Wink

6.3 recovery miles, 7:25 pace.  Went to the thrift store today for running stuff and hit the jackpot.  3 dri-fit tees, one cotton tee, and a completely awesome Adidas jacket in new condition similar to this -- all for $11.