Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies and so ends another weekend (Read 35 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And for me, it is the last day of vacation.

Marjorie

LRB

'Sup sweetie!

Last long run on tap for me, how exciting!  ZZZZZZ's

Cyberic

No LR for me today. It will be easy running, but for how long?... I don't know yet. Somewhere between 60-90 minutes.

The forecast for next Sunday is low of 57, and high of 70 for the day, with sunshine. Warmer than ideal, but not enough to change my goal time, right?

delicate flower

Good morning, sunshines!  My legs are tired after that run yesterday.  Active recovery day today.  Soooo, grocery shopping, lunch with the Oskis, an easy bike ride, laundry, and football.

The rain is dumping right now, and we need it.  It's supposed to get nice this afternoon, but I kind of want it to rain all day.

<3

B-Plus

I've got an hour drive and then a gondola up a mountain ahead of me for a race.

outoftheblue

Good morning.   The day got away from me yesterday, so I ended up converting my 11 mile run into a 6.5 mile recovery run -- which I thought my legs needed anyhow.  I'll do a few more easy miles today to finish up the week.

Sitting here now with coffee and planning my day.  We had a really windy, t-storm blow through last night, so I need to go around the yard this morning to pick up chairs, dog cushions and debris that got scattered about.  After I tidy up, I think I'll pick some more tomatoes to put up another few jars of marinara sauce while the football game are on.

Good luck today B+

Life is good.

Zelanie

Good luck, B+!

Heading over to the Blerch grounds in a bit. I want to get the Oatmeal's new book and get it signed, but he will be running too, so we'll see how it goes. He ran yesterday, too, not sure which distance.

Cyberic

Have a nice one B+

B-Plus

Thanks guys. Good luck to you Zel!

I guess I misread the race info, because now I have over an hour to kill before the gondola starts running.

B-Plus

There are a lot of people here with packs. I can only assume they're doing the long course.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Did 11.1. On our way home.

Marjorie

Good morning, dailies!

Marjorie - enjoy your last day off

Rick - almost there

Cyberic - that sounds decent.  Not quite ideal, but not bad.

Baboon - I will also post here:  Beast!  You are killing it, great job.

B+ - good luck, did you remember to wear the thong made of kale?

OOTB - I was reading fast, and did not read that as "marinara" the first time, lol.  Hope the chickens are doing well.

Zelanie - cool, that would be sweet to get it signed

Moth - I'm hoping  for a power outage  in Orchard Park Wink

Is it still a taper if the training has been sub-par?  Anyway, a week of less miles coming up.

LRB

Is it still a taper if the training has been sub-par?  Anyway, a week of less miles coming up.

You made it G, sub-par or not you fuckin made it! 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 20 this morning.  Very nice.  Faster than the 18 I did last week but hey, it was not 101F so it was awesome.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

What an unconscionable mind fuck that was. 18 miles in 2:33:23 done, an 8:31 average.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for the people who can run long every weekend, I would behead myself if I had to.