Beginners and Beyond

sufferin succotash SaturDAILIES (Read 28 times)

RunningOnSand

It's raining here, yo. Are the rest of you sufferin from a heat wave? Now I have Yosemite Sam in my head.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

Suffering Succotash!.. from SNL: the Sylvester School Of Speech Therapy

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/sylvester-school/n9007

60min pool run, knock on wood, test run tomorrow

LRB

I ran 8.

The reports of a life threatening, blistering heat wave have been grossly overstated. At least till this point...

onemile

I ran 18.

The reports of a life threatening, blistering heat wave have been grossly overstated. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

2.7. It was awful

sdWhiskers

4 miles in the mountains with 6 x 30s hill sprints. Still camping. I think it was in the low 50s last night.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If the sun would just go away, I'd go out for an easy 5 miler...... damn it.

Next week is (supposedly) showing we will be getting a reprieve from the insane heat (and humidity).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The consequences of not being a morning person.  Got up "early" and out to run by 8:45 am.  It was already 86F when I started and over 90F by the time I finished 8 miles later.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Vacation is over, now it's time to think about my running future.

1st, acclimatize to the humidity

But after that? Do I race in the fall? If yes, what distance? I'm thinking of joining a club, but if I do, which one?

Lots of questions, but my brain is like jelly right now. I'm just not able to process much.

KCRuns

I got out to run/walk 3 this morning and it was already 85° and humid. Yuck.  But I’ve had a busy few days at work with client meetings Thursday until 10p and  working until 9 last night to do everything I couldn’t on Thursday, so it was nice to get a few miles this morning. Even if they were super slow.

5 miles. Went out at 10:45 to squeeze it in before the temp hit 70. Whew, 68 at the finish, just made it!

Dave

onemile

5 miles. Went out at 10:45 to squeeze it in before the temp hit 70. Whew, 68 at the finish, just made it!

You suck

Currently 91, feels like 104. I played bite the water with the hose with Bruno. After he bit my finger I had enough so I filled up the kiddie pool for him to splash in.

LRB

I got out to run/walk 3 this morning and it was already 85° and humid. Yuck.  But I’ve had a busy few days at work with client meetings Thursday until 10p and  working until 9 last night to do everything I couldn’t on Thursday, so it was nice to get a few miles this morning. Even if they were super slow.

lol

GinnyinPA

it was 80 feels like 94 at 8:15 a.m., so after walking the dog I got on the TM and ran 13.