Beginners and Beyond

Full Moon FriDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

Well, not really. But I had a couple of strange interactions yesterday with some people that made me curious, so I checked; yep, it's Monday. That explains everything.

LRB

I have red cord at 6:30 this morning (FFS), but I am really looking forward to getting back on the Eccentron.

What up doe?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

Full moon on Monday?  Ugh.  Watch out for bad drivers and crazy people, aka, Miamians.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

FR 610 froze again yesterday during my run. I'm considering getting a 620 (pretty cheap nowadays) or a 230 or a 630. I don't need another watch, feature-wise, but this freezing thing is really annoying. Second time in about a month. Both times it happened when the watch was 'writing an interval', and both times I was using the foot pod. I'm thinking it MIGHT be that the 610 doesn't handle a weak foot pod battery? It's really weird, freezing up randomly like that.

LRB

I have red cord at 6:30 this morning (FFS), but I am really looking forward to getting back on the Eccentron.

The only way to increase the workout time on the stupid thing (your info is stored on it), is to average 70% accuracy. Last week I averaged 64%, today was 88%. So next week, I get an increase to 8 minutes for the work portion. 

delicate flower

'Morning!  'Friday!  Good job red cording, LRB.

I was up early for another swim.  This is the first time I have done swims on three straight days and my muscles were feeling it.  I kept the effort easy.  2500 yards done, and now I am tired.  5.6 miles of swimming for the week.  Short easy run on tap after work.

<3

onemile

It's going to get up to 54 degrees today! It felt like spring walking into work. Sunny and melty.

LRB

This is an interesting article about the introvert brain that I got from a FB friend. Being an extrovert to the 25th power, I cannot speak to its accuracy, but some of the illustrations made me laugh!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Fiber-1 Bar...O-M-G!!! A co-worker gave me one on Wednesday for breakfast when I forgot my usual Zone bar. Never again! I felt all day like I was pooping more than a roomful of ex-lax testers! Wow, for my run after work, I really thought I might have to stop at the store on the way to my chosen course and pick up a pair of Depends, just in case...   Thankfully, my run/walk was not shitty at all - pretty good outing actually - with 3.3 miles done and just a little occasional gas to push me along.   However...no more Fiber 1 bars....ever!

Nice run/walk after work on Thursday evening around the UTSA campus. My kinda weather too...sunny, 80 degrees, light wind, blue skies. I love warm-weather running! Give me 80 degrees over 50 degrees anytime! Yeah, I'm one of those weird runners like that, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What up doe?

Eccentron?  Isn't that for headaches?  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

Full moon on Monday?  Ugh.  Watch out for bad drivers and crazy people, aka, Miamians.

That is bad for San Antonio, cuz it's also supposed to rain Monday night...and San Antonio drivers are the worst bad-weather drivers ever.....add a full moon to that....spells big trouble....

Zelanie

1st Hansons tempo run of this cycle done last night.  9 with 6 at MP.  Not at gold star level yet, but I'm on my way.

LRB- That eccentron looks cool.  It's like getting split data from your Garmin for your strength training.

onemile

1st Hansons tempo run of this cycle done last night.  9 with 6 at MP.  Not at gold star level yet, but I'm on my way.

LRB- That eccentron looks cool.  It's like getting split data from your Garmin for your strength training.

You will get there!  

How did it feel? I always found the first few MP runs the hardest when I did Hansons.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

This is an interesting article about the introvert brain that I got from a FB friend. Being an extrovert to the 25th power, I cannot speak to its accuracy, but some of the illustrations made me laugh!

yeah... to a T

Zelanie

You will get there!  

How did it feel? I always found the first few MP runs the hardest when I did Hansons.

Thanks!  Didn't feel bad at all, more like "I have to be running at this pace for how much longer still?"  I'm using a more conservative goal this time around, so that makes the pace a lot more pleasant.  Still, Garmin says the training effect was a 5, or "overreaching" according to my HR.