Beginners and Beyond

The Morning DAILIES: Part of a complete breakfast (Read 38 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

5 easy miles done on a paved trail. It was over 400' elevation gain coming back, so that was nice. Now I know how Brr feels when he runs those brutal hills in Fargo.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hi Dailies.

5 easy miles done on a paved trail. It was over 400' elevation gain coming back, so that was nice. Now I know how Brr feels when he runs those brutal hills in Fargo.

LOL. Like my 10k on Friday where I had 9' of elevation gain? Smile

- Andrew

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yes! When I see your Garmin elevation profiles on FB they always remind me of when someone flatlines on a medical show.

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  I moved my speed workout to today, because tomorrow I have an early bus to catch (I'm still going to run , but don't need the added stress of the workout), plus I'm trying to put as much distance between the workout and Sunday's HM.

So today was 4 x 1200 @ 5Kish pace with 400m recoveries.  Done, with a little help from the TM. Smile  The longest interval at that pace is 1600, so I am almost there!  Then the speed drops way down but the distance increases as I move into the "strength" section of the plan in a few weeks.

Brr- That's a heck of a workout there!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up all,

Europe sounds fun, too bad I will never step foot on a plane or ship :P

Hope everybody is having a great day, I have core strengthening and push ups scheduled today. Closed out my second week of marathon training with 34 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

The longest interval at that pace is 1600, so I am almost there!  Then the speed drops way down but the distance increases as I move into the "strength" section of the plan in a few weeks.

Brr- That's a heck of a workout there!

Yeah, it was a doozey. I was glad when it was over. Smile

After your 1600's, then you must be switching to more Tempo runs?

- Andrew

Zelanie

Yeah, it was a doozey. I was glad when it was over. Smile

After your 1600's, then you must be switching to more Tempo runs?

Yeah, more like what "traditional" tempo runs would be- 1-3 mile intervals at 10 sec/mile faster than GMP, 6 miles total.  That's in addition to the Thursday GMP runs, which go up to 10 miles, no recoveries.  There's still about a month of the "speed" section left, though, as it ramps up to 1600s and then sort of hangs out in that area for a bit.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Welcome to Miami!  Good luck!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes! When I see your Garmin elevation profiles on FB they always remind me of when someone flatlines on a medical show.

Mine have a lot of 0 elevation gain and loss.  It's fun to watch people being shocked that such flat places exist.

Damaris

I will never step foot on a plane

really?

Dave

happylily

really?

You can't bring a gun aboard. Right, Andrea? 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Yeah, more like what "traditional" tempo runs would be- 1-3 mile intervals at 10 sec/mile faster than GMP, 6 miles total.  That's in addition to the Thursday GMP runs, which go up to 10 miles, no recoveries.  There's still about a month of the "speed" section left, though, as it ramps up to 1600s and then sort of hangs out in that area for a bit.

One thing that seemed weird to me about the Hanson plan is that there is such a big gap in paces. I assume you are using 5k pace for speed? Nothing in between that and GMP-10. You'd think there'd be workouts somewhere in between.

Dave

Zelanie

I'm using "sort of" 5K pace, since my spring racing season was a bust.  So I'm running faster than my PR pace, but slower than what my 5K pace "should" be according my my results at other distances.

I think the lack of other paces is because it's a full MP, the fast beginning is just to get some V02Max improvements online, then it's really all focused on stamina and endurance.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

really?

Right?  So many wonderful places to see!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No lily, I can't stand the idea of being "trapped" thousands of feet in the air, in a death trap. The only chance someone has of getting me on a plane is getting me drunk first.....and that is still a slim chance.

If I cared about all the wonderful places to see, I would first want to see all the awesome known and not so well known places in America before anywhere else. Then.....and only then would I consider it, but I want to be drunk and have my own parachute :P

really?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)