Beginners and Beyond

MemorialMondailies (Read 20 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

8.6 memorial miles for me. When posted monthly miles yesterday, I forgot today was the end of the month...so just snuck over 150 for the month. Now I need to do something similar, or better, for June.

Happy Memorial Day! I don't have any military in my immediate family, or recent generations, but thank you to those who serve/served and to those who gave lives for freedom!

Docket_Rocket

Ran the Honor the Brave Memorial Day 5K this morning (4 miles total with warmup). My asthma was bad so it wasn't a repeat of my great performance last month, but it was nice to get out there for another race.

I also snuck 151 miles for the month, after not running much for February and March and a slow April. Heading in the right direction.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

SRD, and I managed to sleep the extra available time, so I'm very happy with that.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Damaris - glad to hear your asthma didn't keep you from the race.

I ran 137.7 for May, including close to a week off.  My RP and I ran 1 mile time trials today.  I haven't run a timed mile since high school, over 3 decades ago, so I didn't know what to expect.  I put in a 7:10.84, which is close to what the Riegel formula predicted based off my recent 5k and half marathon times.  My RP was faster than I was, and by more than I can write off to our 5-year age difference.  He pulled up the Nike chart that says I can run a 4-hour marathon based on my 1-mile time.  Of course, being able to run 1 mile doesn't mean you can even finish a marathon, but my recent half marathon time suggests 4 hours is within reach for a full.  I feel myself inching closer to running another marathon some time in the next few years.  Anyone want to talk me back off the ledge?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

Good morning!  I had a 5 mile run on my schedule today, but I figured I'd do a little extra and ended up running 10.  That gives me 223 miles for the month, which is my most in 10 months.  I am also at 440 bike miles, although I may spin later so that may tick up a bit, and 14.6 miles of swimming.

Also, today's run put me over 1,000 miles for the year. 

Anyone want to talk me back off the ledge?

LOL you are asking the wrong crowd, my friend!

<3

very early morning: Vietnam Memorial

Early morning:  1.26 slow stream grade, inside right hams tight, got two modest cramps, walked back to car... I MUST STOP doing the lighted weighted leg lifts...they haven’t fixed anything and I think they causing trouble.

9:30am   45 mins pool mix wearing pool shoes; roughly 10 mins Pool run, 5 back & breast, repeat.

Soon: ribeye and  mac&cheese

The 300 mile drive to Eugene took a miserable 8 hours on Friday. One backup after another. Came back last night and it took 4:45. Much nicer. 

6 miles with 10 strides. 
                316 miles for the month...imagine if I hadn’t been tapering!

Dave

Srsly. “Next few years”? What else you got going on this fall? We’re happy to pick the race for you too.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Srsly. “Next few years”? What else you got going on this fall? We are required to pick the race for you too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

That gives me 223 miles for the month, which is my most in 10 months.  

Also, today's run put me over 1,000 miles for the year. 

Nice work!

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

9.4 miles. 137 for the month.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Anyone want to talk me back off the ledge?

Why stop there?  Can't you feel the lure of ultras?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Why stop there?  Can't you feel the lure of ultras?

No, I don't feel that lure yet, though there is this 50k trail run near where I live...

Srsly. “Next few years”? What else you got going on this fall? We’re happy to pick the race for you too.

The Jersey Shore Half, the NJ Half, the Delaware & Lehigh Heritage Half, the Westfield Turkey Trot, and maybe the Jersey City 10k.

I'm looking at possibly the NJ Marathon next spring and/or the Atlantic City Marathon in the fall of 2022.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

sdWhiskers

My RP and I ran 1 mile time trials today.  I haven't run a timed mile since high school, over 3 decades ago, so I didn't know what to expect.  I put in a 7:10.84, which is close to what the Riegel formula predicted based off my recent 5k and half marathon times.  

Nice work, Fred!

I ran 7:13 twice in the past 2-3 years but haven't made that translate to HM or marathon.

sdWhiskers

10.2 miles, 195.6 for the month

I ran a loop from my house that I don't usually do because of multiple freeway ramps. On a normal weekday it would be almost certain death to cross like 8+ lanes several times (and that's just the ramps!). I also ran back a road that is basically all marijuana dispensaries. Such a weird vibe after Just Say No to Drugs for my whole life and now there are legal drive thrus to get your drugs.