Beginners and Beyond

Early weekend Fridailies (Read 19 times)

Took the day off today and heading out of town...after my 7:00-8:30 call is over. 

27th anniversary today!

4 miles.

Dave

onemile

Took the day off today and heading out of town...after my 7:00-8:30 call is over. 

27th anniversary today!

4 miles.

woot woot, it's race weekend!

Planned rest day, work day and instead of a little run I baked ‘Chewy Flourless Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies’  with peanut butter; my sister Leckie sent me the recipe

delicate flower

27th anniversary today!

4 miles.

So much DaveP stuff going on up in here!  Happy Anniversary, good luck with your marathon, and don't fuck any of this up!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Anniversary, Dave! And good luck on your race!

I have an RD from running, so Pilates class and a bike ride after work.

Damaris

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Friday!  We've finally got some nice weather on tap this weekend after two straight washouts, and I've got two full days of outside stuff planned.  As far as today goes, I swam 2000 yards this morning and am about to head out for an easy run.

Looks like it's going to be a July-August return to the office for us, which is a couple of months earlier than planned.  HR and leadership is getting a lot of pushback from managers though about what the remote work policy will be post-pandemic, as not being flexible could become an employee retention issue.  Employees don't want to entirely give that up.  It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 miles. We had some strong storms last night and it was super humid this morning.

DavePNW, Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your weekend and race!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good morning and Happy Friday!  We've finally got some nice weather on tap this weekend after two straight washouts, and I've got two full days of outside stuff planned.  As far as today goes, I swam 2000 yards this morning and am about to head out for an easy run.

Looks like it's going to be a July-August return to the office for us, which is a couple of months earlier than planned.  HR and leadership is getting a lot of pushback from managers though about what the remote work policy will be post-pandemic, as not being flexible could become an employee retention issue.  Employees don't want to entirely give that up.  It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Hoping every company (and the federal government) understands that. Right now, we are having issues filling positions because we are so strict and low pay, imagine if we don't move towards the future like the rest of the world. IMO, flexibility and remote work will be even better than money when looking for work.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hoping every company (and the federal government) understands that. Right now, we are having issues filling positions because we are so strict and low pay, imagine if we don't move towards the future like the rest of the world. IMO, flexibility and remote work will be even better than money when looking for work.

Yep. I agree. My group at work has had some flexibility as far as set schedule (can do 4 10s, 9-80, etc) and what your regular hours are. I work with some serious morning people who voluntarily start work at 6am. The WFH has been a huge bonus and I love the extra 90+ minutes not spent commuting.

Unfortunately, since I am in a school, that is not going to be virtual any time soon (unless we start a virtual program). I know I'll need to show my face on-site for some things (orders coming in & cash handling), but the bulk can be done from home.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Yep. I agree. My group at work has had some flexibility as far as set schedule (can do 4 10s, 9-80, etc) and what your regular hours are. I work with some serious morning people who voluntarily start work at 6am. The WFH has been a huge bonus and I love the extra 90+ minutes not spent commuting.

Unfortunately, since I am in a school, that is not going to be virtual any time soon (unless we start a virtual program). I know I'll need to show my face on-site for some things (orders coming in & cash handling), but the bulk can be done from home.

I'm pretty sure my company wants a fair portion of us to keep working from home so they can save money on office space.  I can't imagine what they saved just on all the free coffee they didn't buy for us over the past 15 months.

A hot, humid, sweaty 3 miles for me; and only going to get worse over the next 5 days.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm pretty sure my company wants a fair portion of us to keep working from home so they can save money on office space.  I can't imagine what they saved just on all the free coffee they didn't buy for us over the past 15 months.

Depending on how many people, the answer is A LOT. Like several thousand dollars.

onemile

I have to start going into the office 2x a week on June 15.   It is supposed to be a gradual build up back to 5 days a week by Sept but my dept is apparently going to have their own flexible work policy which rumor has it is that you have to be in the office 5/10 days.. so 2 days one week, 3 days the next 

GinnyinPA

Dave - have fun at your marathon. Happy anniversary!

sdWhiskers

Depending on how many people, the answer is A LOT. Like several thousand dollars.

My company acquired another one a few years ago for like 50 billion dollars. Don't think saving money on coffee will play any role in our wfh policy 

We just got an email yesterday about return-to-office plans. I'm WFH regardless so it doesn't really matter to me.

This was interesting:

Mask policy update.  Effective immediately, employees should follow CDC guidelines, unless there are more restrictive state or local requirements.

No explicit mention about being vaccinated, even though that is in fact part of the CDC guidelines...I guess they're going to avoid that hot button.

Sounds like they're going to keep things flexible in general to keep people happy, which is good.

- Work from home transition.  Beginning July 6, select teams will begin returning to the office 3 days per week (ideally Mon-Wed to take advantage of collaboration opportunities) with an expectation that all teams will be back in the office 3 days per week following the Labor Day Holiday.

- Team & individual flexibility.  We expect flexibility and common sense to prevail for those teams and individuals needing to adjust schedules from week to week; managers will operate with empathy and not a one size fits all approach.

Dave