Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies - Rain and wind. #soblessed (Read 35 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 24 nasty miles in rain with a stiff NW wind.  It was 50 when I started, and mid 40s when I finished.  My feet got cold, but I survived.

It will be low 30s in the morning, with maybe frost or a light freeze.  That's fine running weather, and I will do double-digits.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and weights after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning.  4000 yard swim done, and I got to experience "hitting the wall" in a swim workout.  I got halfway through and things just got sideways on me.  I ran out of gas, my legs got tired, and my arms were shot.  I did manage to half-ass my way through the rest of the workout and I am just happy to have completed the entire thing.  They can't all be great.  4 mile run later.

I've got an 4:00 appointment to get the snow tires taken off my car, so it's my fault when we get hammered with another storm in a week.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

10 miles on the trainer, 5.5 on the AlterG, and now I get to take two days off to "enjoy" holiday hell.  Yippee.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Blue, define "holiday hell" in your world?

I haven't run the last 3 days in a row and I'm kind of afraid of what my run will be, whenever I do run again (spoiler: I'm forcing myself to run today). Early this morning, before I got out of bed, I was laying around wondering why I run. Do you guys ever do that when you're in bed or sleepy? And then, after coffee, I'm all, "why don't I run doubles every single day?!"  I really have great admiration for you crazies for getting out of bed early and working out. Or, for those of you who workout after work. Really, all of you who get out there: great respect. Because my mojo is certainly lacking right now, and you all help to motivate a sister.

LRB

I'm heading out for a jog, then will hit the road with my two sisters and drive over to West Virginia to visit our brother.

They are all much older than me so I will be seen and not heard. 

bluerun

Super B****

I'm heading out for a jog, then will hit the road with my two sisters and drive over to West Virginia to visit our brother.

They are all much older than me so I will be seen and not heard. 

Is this why I'm furniture around my family?!

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Blue, define "holiday hell" in your world?

I haven't run the last 3 days in a row and I'm kind of afraid of what my run will be, whenever I do run again (spoiler: I'm forcing myself to run today). Early this morning, before I got out of bed, I was laying around wondering why I run. Do you guys ever do that when you're in bed or sleepy? And then, after coffee, I'm all, "why don't I run doubles every single day?!"  I really have great admiration for you crazies for getting out of bed early and working out. Or, for those of you who workout after work. Really, all of you who get out there: great respect. Because my mojo is certainly lacking right now, and you all help to motivate a sister.

Generally, I say it like that because sitting around all day doing nothing but eating is kind of my idea of a nightmare; I need physical activity to be able to pretend to be a sane functional human.  Even though, on this particular holiday, the food choices are rather sparse, so you'd think it wouldn't be so bad, but somehow... that makes it worse.  And protein is scarce for people who don't eat meat, AKA, me.

As for wondering why I run -- it's the only reason I get out of bed!  I'd be fine with staying there all day otherwise, because heaven knows work isn't enough of an enticement to lure me out.

chasing the impossible

KCRuns

SRD for me.

I guess I just get out of bed when my alarm goes off at ass o'clock in the not-even morning every single weekday purely out of habit. Maybe because I have not had coffee, so my brain is not functioning properly yet. An hour or so later I have already driven to the gym & had my coffee, so might as well do my run. I wonder why I run pretty much 24/7, because I am sore & sleep-deprived all day every day, and honestly don't feel in any kind of great state of fitness. But I realize despited the fact I have only been doing it for 7-8 years, running has sort of come to define me, and it would be really weird not to be doing it.

Anyway, day off today, but my stupid body still got me up at 5, even though I don't run till later in the morning on weekends. So at 7:15, I'm already onto second breakfast.

Dave

GinnyinPA

Bluerun - i have the same issue when visiting family. I hate just sitting for hours at a time. Fortunately, we have a dog who goes with us when we travel, so I get to get out to walk him, whether he needs it or not.

zzyzx

Force of habit is as good of an excuse as any. That's a large part of what I'm trying to do; make the gym just part of my morning routine that I just do and that's why I do it.

Abs/long pull/torso, bike 30 minutes level 12, hill setting 10.25 miles.

Tomorrow looks like I'll have no excuse to not lace up and shuffle around a few miles.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I manage to get up in the morning to run because I remind myself that it will only be hotter later in the day - a strategy that usually fails in winter, leading to lunch-time and evening runs on colder days.

My current cure to the sedentary holiday issue is to go outside with my younger son when he, inevitably, gets restless.  Sadly, I'll probably need a new plan in a few years.

Hoping to get 7 tonight in shorts and a t-shirt as the forecast is for high 50's.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Spring Distance Classic 5k, 3/24; RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun - i have the same issue when visiting family. I hate just sitting for hours at a time. Fortunately, we have a dog who goes with us when we travel, so I get to get out to walk him, whether he needs it or not.

Ha! I always say that I could never get a dog because I’m injured so often, the poor thing would get no exercise.

chasing the impossible

onemile

Ha! I always say that I could never get a dog because I’m injured so often, the poor thing would get no exercise.

My dogs prefer playing fetch to anything.