Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Van - Our overhead garage door was frozen shut this am. DH had to do a lot of chipping and cracking ice to get his vehicle out. No school today, and 6 to 10 inches of snow still to come.

Relentless forward progress

Crew_Dawg

It's been back to back shit days for me, augh.  To keep it run related I have had good runs both days so there!

I never thought that an age gap between most Lt's in the USAF and I would cause such a pain for me.  People just don't understand I want to do my job, put in a little extra, and be good for the day.  I have been doing the military for 15 years now, it's hard to keep up a level of give a shit like the young ones can.  They have time to make big things happen in a career, while I am looking at a retirement and punching out.  Sorry, my complaints are trivial compared to many many others in this world.  When I look at it that way life ain't too bad, just frustrating at times.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Hey crew.  Hope you are all well.

Neil, sometimes it's not easy.  Do your job and don't let the young bucks get to you.

My daughter turns 17 tomorrow.  Makes me another year older.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

What Van said.  Keep you chin up and do your job, Neil.  Don't let them get you down.

I had no internet until now.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Sorry to hear about all your troubles Neil.

Sometimes in school you just have to give it the false blue falcon cheer.  Once you get through tech school, things should get better.

The dog has a vet appointment in 30 minutes.  She's thrilled.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

So I just had a scary thought. We are on day 4 of our April ice and snowstorm.  People all over SD, NW IA, and SW MN are snowed in and many are without power. I predict a snow baby avalanche come mid to late January.

Relentless forward progress

Good morning!

I had a good PT session yesterday, but my physical therapist is trying to get me to wait 10 weeks or so before doing the cortisone injection while trying this NEW series of exercises to see if it will work.

I said,"NO!"

I have rescheduled the thing 3 times and I just want it done to see if it alleviates the damn pain. I will still do the exercises, but frankly, doing 10-15 side glides and 10-15 back extensions every 2 damn hours while awake for the next 10 weeks on the off chance that it MIGHT work, and incidentally never sitting on my couch (forbidden), never bending forward (absolutely prohibited), never tying my damn shoes (burned at the stake if I even try)--is hard enough!! I don't know how the hell I'm going to help new moms with breastfeeding if I can't bend forward, for crying out loud!

AND she has nixed the idea of a back brace (which I had already bought and which is now non-returnable since I already tried it on). GAH!!

Today is going to be mid-40's and partly cloudy. I was going to walk the trails with a guy I've known for years (he's actually my neighborhood's UPS driver) but turns out he has to work. Guess I'll go alone! Smile

I'm actually a little puzzled by this guy. I've probably known him for 4 or 5 years, at least to say hello to, and he was always very nice, and cute, I thought (love those brown shorts!), but since he was married, maintaining a friendly acquaintance was easy and pleasant.

Now it seems that he is divorced, and he's hailed me a few times while I've been out and about in the Village, the last few months, and whenever he delivers a package he seems to extend the conversation quite a bit beyond the usual pleasantries. AND he's gotten into running (normally he's a biker), so he is asking my advice on things, and gave me his number, etc.

So, I am all on board with being this guy's friend, but since I've been divorced since 2005, I'm ready to let the Universe send me real, lasting love (HURRY UP, ALREADY, STUPID UNIVERSE!!!) while nobody freshly split could possibly be in the same emotional place. Which is why there's a certain awkwardness about this, because I was all ready to assume we are just going to continue being friends, except friends with a bit more in common now that he's interested in running. But he just texted me saying that he has something for me--and wants to know when I'll be home so he can drop it by.

Actually I don't know why I'm freaking out--it's probably an article about barefoot running or something. In which case, I will be relieved. LOL! Okay, now that I wrote this whole rigamarole out I can see that I'm probably imagining things and need to just CALM DOWN, WW!

Sorry I am using all you guys as my own personal "Dear Abby"! I'm gonna cross-post this on FB so I can get everyone's opinion. Big grin See y'all later!

Docket_Rocket

She is a dog.  She would be thrilled with anything....

The dog has a vet appointment in 30 minutes.  She's thrilled.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Calm down, Heather!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Friend with benefits maybe?

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Our dog is never thrilled about the vet's office.  Tolerant but not thrilled.

Friend with benefits maybe?

Double Arrgh. Too many pitfalls!

Being thrilled was said with a tone of sarcasm.  She hates the vet.  And she knows the word.  I only have to say it, and she starts shaking.  She did good though.

Heather, sounds like he might have a crush.  Smile