Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Just realized that I have given NO THOUGHT what so ever to gel plans for tomorrow other than I bought some.

I am actually getting away from them it seems like.  In training runs I go 15 miles on just water as long as I eat a PBJ sandwich before the run.  For my 20s this year I have ate the samich and took only 1 gel after 10 miles or so.

Generally what I have read is two 8-oz glasses of Gatorade = 1 gel and since I drink the G-ade on the course I really wonder if I even need any gels . . . but I will have them with me if I think otherwise.

Docket_Rocket

At Disney, my stomach was so bad, I preferred the Gatorade at the water stations.  What I did was drink G at every mile, a gel at mile 10, G every mile, a gel at mile 20, G the rest of the way.  How separate are the water stations? At Disney they are at every mile so it was easy to do that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

13 stops over 26.2 miles so approximately every 2 miles.  I figure if I take on G-ade at 10 of them then that is almost enough carbs.  Carry 2 or 3 gels and take them at 10 and 18 and I will likely be alright.  3rd is a spare gel.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey everyone. Happy Saturday

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Sounds good, Doug.

Hi, Marjorie.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey everyone!

Doug, hope the race goes well.  For my marathons, I always carry gels, but don't always use them.  Just depends on how my stomach is reacting, and sometimes I just stick with the Gatorade on the course.  Seems like the longer I run (ultras), the less appealing those stupid gels become.  I've switched over to Honey Stinger Waffles and Cliff Bars now, trying to get stomach used to real food.  And the last few weeks, I've been trying to run on full stomach.  Anyhow, I digress.  Have a great race.

Ran in a new pair of trail shoes this morning.  I deicded yesterday that my trail shoes suck and will not do for my trail race next weekend.  7 miles in the mud this morning, will do 7 tomorrow morning, and call it good for the 50 next weekend.

Marjorie, do you have any races coming up?

Damaris, what about you, thought you had an ultra somewhere on the books.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Van I'm doing Hatfield and McCoy marathon on June 8 th

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

It's on Saturday.  Getting excited.

Hey everyone!

Doug, hope the race goes well.  For my marathons, I always carry gels, but don't always use them.  Just depends on how my stomach is reacting, and sometimes I just stick with the Gatorade on the course.  Seems like the longer I run (ultras), the less appealing those stupid gels become.  I've switched over to Honey Stinger Waffles and Cliff Bars now, trying to get stomach used to real food.  And the last few weeks, I've been trying to run on full stomach.  Anyhow, I digress.  Have a great race.

Ran in a new pair of trail shoes this morning.  I deicded yesterday that my trail shoes suck and will not do for my trail race next weekend.  7 miles in the mud this morning, will do 7 tomorrow morning, and call it good for the 50 next weekend.

Marjorie, do you have any races coming up?

Damaris, what about you, thought you had an ultra somewhere on the books.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Doug, good luck!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Good luck Doug!

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Crossroads Marathon is run and done! 4:19:13 finish time. Course PR by 10:49, marathon PR by 2:25. This race is NOT flat and my PR is from pancake flat Chicago.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Great job Doug.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Doug!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Congrats Doug!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.