Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Way to go, Doug!!!

Home on call right now.

Relentless forward progress

We had a 17th birthday party for DD today.  And the wife and I got into a fight.  Oi.  Some days you step in it.  Today was my day.   Although to be fair, she's been mad at me for a week.

Pam, hope they didn't have to call you in.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

LOL, Van.  Sorry, but I had to laugh.  Is she PMS'ing?  Because that can make her feel angry at you for a decade.  Hope you guys made up!

Doug, how are you feeling?

Race week is here!

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning still cloudy.

Dad showed his house yesterday. It isn't even listed yet but a couple wanted to see it and wants to buy. He didn't call back so not sure if they made an offer or not. Inventory is low there sp people are jumping on houses and he is close to a school, big corner lot etc.  hmm so maybe he will sell before he even puts it up for sale.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Got to stay home all night, which is good because I needed the sleep.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

Still cannot believe the PR from yesterday.  That course is not a PR course and I did not think I am in PR shape either.  2013 weekly average is only 28.4 MPW.  And the course is not flat either.

From the USATF.org mapping program:

Total climb: 642 feet / 196 m
              Total elevation change: 1282 feet / 391 m

http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=512760 is a link to the mapped route.  If you click on the elevation profile at the bottom it looks like a jack-o-lantern's teath

Got out yesterday for some walking around which helped but today at work is a lot of ass-in-chair time which will not help.

JAC Runner

Good job Doug!

So sad news from Boston today... what shoud have been a celebration for the sport, became a tragedy

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Doug.  Congrats!  I responded to your email today but from the iPhone.  Let me know if you didn't get it!

So sad today at Boston.  It makes me angry too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.  Still heartsick over yesterday's events in Boston.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Still upset with yesterday. Channeled that into my run this am.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Got it D.

Crossroads race report is up.  I really thought about not writing it.  I was on cloud 9 for the PR right up until I heard about Boston.  Now my motivation is circling the crapper.

Docket_Rocket

You should (and you did) write and share it.  We need a sense of normalcy to remind us of why we run.  Great report.  Congrats.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hey crew.  Hope you are all well.  Busy week here.  Work. And a little running.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. I'm in Louisiana the rest of the week. Took today as a rest day. Looks like dad sold his house. He'll it isn't even listed yet but a couple is making an offer. If their bank approves them all will be done. He should know next week

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me.

I woke up with a headache, ugh.  Hoping to laze back after work tonight with a nice beer or martini.

Damaris

Fundraising Page