Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Crew_Dawg

Been icing the shit out of my legs, hope it works like shock and awe does for warfare.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Neil - Ice, ice baby!!

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Yay, Doug!

Hi, guys.  First ultra tomorrow.  Ay ay ay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Got up from a nap a bit ago, and caffienating before work tonight.  Also trying to finish the last bit of laundry and cook supper.  Multitasking at it's finest!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Good luck Van!

Crew_Dawg

Good luck to all those racers today, ya'll some badasses!  Smile

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Busy week. And today was jammed packed with run and errands and yard work.

Next week to dads to get the stuff I want from the house.

Marjorie

Crew_Dawg

My long run suuuuuucked today.  I got 14 miles but there was way too much walking involved for me.  But, looking back I am still on track for a finish in 5 weeks, we shall see.

Docket_Rocket

I ran my first 50K!!!  The course was so hard I came in at 8 hours, but I call that the Almost Ready for a 50 Miler method, ha.

Has anybody heard of rolling sand dunes?  No?  Well, I had 20 miles of those.  I can assure you, running them is almost impossible.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

Nice job D!  dunes aren't easy fo sho

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well done D

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Wahoo, D!!  You ultra girl, you!!!

Doug, nice run.

Pam, hope work goes Ok.

Marjorie, busy day!

Neil, you'll get there.  Rome wasn't built in a day.

Damaris, congrats on the 50k!

I ran a 50 miler today.  Tired. Resting in the motel  Tweaked my ankle about mile 40 when I rolled it in the mud.  And headed to meet Doug for brunch tomorrow.

Be well crew.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks.  I sure didn't run the dunes (only the downhills I could).  Packed sand my ass!

Van, congrats on the 50!  This is not your first 50, right?  I mean, apart from the 24 hour race.  Sorry about the ankle.  Enjoy brunch with Doug tomorrow.  Two guys can do brunch?  I never knew, LOL.  One question:

I hate wearing hats because with our tropical sun and shadeless courses, it makes me feel like I'm being cooked alive.  So, I wore a headband.  I was surprised I have no headache considering the super sunny day.

I am doing brunch with my neighbor/friend tomorrow.  I have not eaten much today but I suspect I will be starving tomorrow.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Damaris, yes, two grown men can have brunsh.  Nom nom.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.