Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, Van, Mike, Doug, Heather, Neil, Mary (where is Mary), Marjorie, and everybody else.

I have not run in 3 days.  Work has been hectic and I've needed the break.  Nice, right?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Damaris, we both needed a break I think.  Although not long, but I was burned out two weeks ago before the finals even started.  

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Snow day for my wife and daughter tomorrow. 

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, we both needed a break I think.  Although not long, but I was burned out two weeks ago before the finals even started.  

I was burned out after the semis, I think.  I never recovered from MCM and went right into then semis, and after that Las Vegas.  Now I can rest and race until the end of the year to start with a bang.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

That's the problem with the game, it can burn you out and push you more than you might want to be pushed.  At least that was the case for me.  Well, at least it's over.  And cheers to a great 2013 running year. 

Docket_Rocket

That's the problem with the game, it can burn you out and push you more than you might want to be pushed.  At least that was the case for me.  Well, at least it's over.  And cheers to a great 2013 running year. 

I cannot wait.  I have huge goals to meet.

I guess part of my lack of mojo is that I'm not really training for anything.  I am doing multiple marathons and other races, yes, but not training for any, so I guess my mojo goes out the window.  It will be back.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

I cannot wait.  I have huge goals to meet.

I guess part of my lack of mojo is that I'm not really training for anything.  I am doing multiple marathons and other races, yes, but not training for any, so I guess my mojo goes out the window.  It will be back.

I need to sign up for something because this is exactly how I feel.  I have no mojo and need to get it back.  Signing up for race(s) always motivates me.  I've been running so I haven't been slacking but there are days when I would rather not go and I make myself go.  If I sign up for a race it makes me want to go out and run more.  

Don't believe everything you think. 

Docket_Rocket

I need to sign up for something because this is exactly how I feel.  I have no mojo and need to get it back.  Signing up for race(s) always motivates me.  I've been running so I haven't been slacking but there are days when I would rather not go and I make myself go.  If I sign up for a race it makes me want to go out and run more.  

That's not my problem.  I'm signed up for plenty of races.  But I"m not training to race them for a PR.  Good luck finding your mojo.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Thanks.  I'm sure I will get it back.  A new year, new races, new goals, etc.  I will find it before  I know it.     

Wandering Wally

Hey all.  Weather is too intense for a little snow running tonight.  So I will do some couch surfing instead.

Van & D - Hope you are recovered.  I've never been on a team that makes the playoffs, so it hasn't been an issue for me ;-p

Nightcrawler - If I see your mojo out there, I'll try not to step on it  :-D

On New Year's Day I try to do some sort of special run and that always seems to get my mojo going for the year.  It's hard for me to push through January, February and March.  There are no Christmas lights.  The sky is gray.  It's cold and snowy.  I can't get out onto the single track unless I ski or snowshoe.  So, starting things off with a bang on the 1st and then working towards some mileage goals just helps pass the time in the winter and keeps me interested.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

I appreciate you not stepping on my mojo. : ) If you see it maybe you could pick it up and send it back to me. Sounds like a good plan. I don't think I've ever done a New Year's Day run. Maybe I should.

Docket_Rocket

I appreciate you not stepping on my mojo. : ) If you see it maybe you could pick it up and send it back to me. Sounds like a good plan. I don't think I've ever done a New Year's Day run. Maybe I should.

My mojo is far away from me and I have not seen yours in ages.

I ran 2 miles and quit.  Bah.  I just want to take it easy, it seems.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Is Nightcrawler Heather?

It's December 21.  Winter Solstice.  And I'm still here.  Heather, if that is you, it's the yule day! 

Mike, I can see your point.  Good luck on your New Years Day run!

Docket_Rocket

Van, no she is not.  She's a new Crew member.  They both like mermaids, it seems, LOL.

Morning!

Damaris

Fundraising Page