Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!  Working today to get this damned project out the door.  I need to sit down and look through all the friggin prints and take notes on what i think I missed.  I mean there is only 300 prints to look at, I could not have possibly missed very much right?

as for the 2013 teams, my plan is to announce the teams over this weekend.  1 interesting tidbit is with the push to level the teams at full strength, the counted crowd (top 75% of the team) cannot be leveled at the same time.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

And BTW, people still have time to piss me off and get shuffled on a team.  I can make a dunce club team.  Evil

Docket_Rocket

And BTW, people still have time to piss me off and get shuffled on a team.  I can make a dunce club team.  Evil

That would be a great idea.  All the dunces in one group.  Can you imagine their captain?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

I just put the Little Mermaid avatar on here until I could find one I wanted.  I didn't want to be just an envelope.  Lol

I'm off to get a few things done before I head off to the airport. 

Hope everyone has a great end of the world day.  I hope it doesn't end while I'm in a plane today.  

Don't believe everything you think. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

The wind has been crazy today.  Still blowing but maybe not as intense as when I was running into it during the morning.

I hate people sending me an email that they need help on x but they don't send me x so I can't help them.  I'm not a magician and cannot see what x is if they don't send me the form so I can do all their work for them.

I also had another clinic say they'd sent me a letter to review for them last week.  Sorry, no you didn't.  They need to make sure they sent it to the right person because I sure didn't get it.  I have 718 emails in my inbox all read from the last 2 weeks and I scanned them all. I've never even gotten an email from this person.  Sigh.

So now I can sit and twirl my hands as I wait for them to send me the stuff they need help on.  When I was still treating full time I never had to ask someone to do all the stuff I do for the other therapists.  Guess that is why I'm in the position i'm in since I know how to do all this shit.......Got to say though sometimes I do not get why people can't figure some of this stuff out or even try to find the stuff.  Instead I get an email what is our policy on xxxxxx.  Um yes I can quote the whole book but did you even LOOK first.

/rant

Marjorie

Good evening!

Night Crawler, welcome!  And hopefully your plane landed safely!

Marjorie, good luck!

Doug, Ditto.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well I got through the prints to discover I actually picked up most of the project.  Just ahve a little bit of work to capture right now for it.  Our original contract was $1.7 million for the work.  and of course that was done looking at an ideal world and not adjusted to site conditions.  Plus I don't think it was a complete extimate either.

When its all said and done, my estimate will be in the $3 million range.

Now its time to go get tires for the wife's Jeep.  MERRY CHRISTMAS HONEY!  I wanted to get her something else but she said this would be enough since we are trying to save for a wddding right now.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had a 5K today.  And it lasted 25 seconds.  This bitch (and I'm being nice, LOL) cut me off and kicked me with her back leg.  Plus the fact that she was slower than me.  I fell.  Hard.  Knee is super scratched and banged up (Doug, you can see it on the Mammals).  I just hope I didn't break the patella.  Other than that, I'm having a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Doug, so are you saying the teams are starting off skewed, even though they are equal?

Damaris, ouch!  Hope it's nothing serious.  That sucks.

Well, I think I've settled on a a running schedule for the second half of next year, which will include a triple marathon attempt in September, and a local trail 50k in October.

Docket_Rocket

Nice, Van.  I have plenty of marathons from now til June, but I wonder if I can convince DH to give me a July, August, September, November marathons.  I can take care of the rest.

I feel fine to run but I woke up with lots of DOMS from the fall.  So another rest day.  The knee feels OK.  Will test it tomorrow.

Van, I know you've said this before but I can do a 50K already with my marathons, right?  What are the odds of the President giving us the 31st you think (this question has important based upon the previous one, hint hint)?  Did you even get the 24th like the rest of us?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Doug, so are you saying the teams are starting off skewed, even though they are equal?

Damaris, ouch!  Hope it's nothing serious.  That sucks.

Well, I think I've settled on a a running schedule for the second half of next year, which will include a triple marathon attempt in September, and a local trail 50k in October.

We run into that every year it seems.  And not often does everyone run exactly at their pledged miles as well.  Like with you Van, in the beginning as you prep for your 50 miler you will likely run above your pledge simply because of what is needed for training.  For someone running a fall marathon their mileage will be higher over the summer than pledged.  In the end it should all work itself out.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Van's gonna go after the Tahoe Triple sounds like  SHWEET!!!!!!!  I am thinking double for 2013 and then see how I feel about running the triple in 2014.

Docket_Rocket

Yay!

So, the teams are not balanced as of now?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Doug, actually, it's not the Tahoe Triple.  There is a race company called Mainly Marathons.  They travel around and put on multi state races.  This fall, they are doing a Center of the Nation Series, with a marathon a day for 5 days in ND, SD, WY, MT, and NE.  I've already got 3 of those states, but need MT and WY.  But, I thought I might as well try a triple and see if I can do it.  So I'm planning on the SD, WY, and MT days on Tue, Wed, and Thu.  They don't have a time limit, and will wait for everyone to finish.  I think they're planning a New England series in 2014.  I was maybe thinking about Tahoe in 2014, since you said you might try it then.

I officially hate winter.