Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Oldest LD's son.

Hey all!

Yay to Doug's DD!!

9 years and 17 minutes ago, my oldest made his entrance into the world!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Accident northbound 77 delayed us almost  an hour. We were going south bound. Sigh.  But a tractor trailer flipped. Caught fire etc. emergency vehicles were on the southbound side. We were creeping along but 4 car lengths before we could pass they stopped us as they were moving vehicles. Took forever. i drove a bit further than we stopped for gas and now DH is driving so I can play on the iPad. I drove the first 6.5 hours so his turn. The drive from dads to SC takes forever.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.  I thought you guys were flying.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We flew there. Can't fly back as shipping this stuff would be bad and some I just cannot sHip. Some not  replaceable.

so 13 hour drive home. We are almost to NC. But still 5 hours to go because of the delay.

Marjorie

Happy Birthday to Pam's oldest!  Yay, hope you're having a big party and CAKE!

Damaris, that sounds warm and unpleasant.  Good luck!

Marjorie, gee, that sucks about the car ride.  And hope there are no more accidents.

Got in 10 miles today, and while the tendon in the foot is still grumpy, it's manageable.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Mr. Docket went run/walking again and asked me to sign  him up for a 5k.Surprised

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Sign him up before he changes his mind.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

You are an evil influence, Damaris!  Muahahaaha!

Yes. There is a Pokemon cake in my house.  And neighbor kids. And a best bro for a sleepover. I am very tired.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Evening all.

DD made an oops for track practice tonight.  She grabbed her shoes in this morning while half asleep.  She had a left shoe from 1 pair and a right shoe from a 2nd pair . . . . and they certainly don't look anywhere near the same.  1 was a Reebok Realflex, the other a Nike crosstrainer.  She loves the Realflex and says the CTs hurt her feet to run in.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Evening all.

DD made an oops for track practice tonight.  She grabbed her shoes in this morning while half asleep.  She had a left shoe from 1 pair and a right shoe from a 2nd pair . . . . and they certainly don't look anywhere near the same.  1 was a Reebok Realflex, the other a Nike crosstrainer.  She loves the Realflex and says the CTs hurt her feet to run in.

Whoopsie!  At least she had a shoe for each foot!

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Oops, Doug.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

D, you'd have to ask Mary.  I don't live with them currently

Had 3 straight days of good runs.  That helps out a lot in the confidence department.

Hope everyone's weekend is good

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Good luck Neil!  Which race and when is the date?

Morning, guys!

UPS guy swung by the house to ask me to lunch yesterday, which was flattering. But I said no.

Damaris--I cannot imagine running in temps that high! You have both my sympathy AND my admiration!

Neil--So glad you're rocking a good mini-streak! A few good runs DO build confidence, especially after an injury. What's next on the agenda?

Van--I would love to see your local trails someday. I get the idea that they are very different from the heavily-forested Tolkienesque trails we have over here!

Everyone else: 'Sup??

Morning Everyone.

And I see we've spotted that elusive Waterwench!   Sorry it's not working out with UPS guy.

Hey Neil, glad the running is better this week.

Doug, maybe that's a new trend.

Pam, hope the sleepover went ok.

Damaris, not sure when that race is, but good luck.

Hope you made it home safely Marjorie.

Im off for a run in a bit.  Shooting for 15, well see.  I'm bored with my neighborhood, so might do something a little different.