Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Van, the marathon is next weekend, in Puerto Rico.

I did a 5K today and without albuterol.  26:10 which is 1:20 from my PR and the weather was yucky.  I felt I could've PRd had I not run an ultra last week, haha!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We got home very late. No more accidents to slow us. Unpacked the SUV. Got up early to run. Pups are home groceries done SUV returned o the rental place.  Stuff from dads all unpacked. Life is good.

Marjorie

Crew_Dawg

Marjorie - Glad your adventure is over

The race is May 26th, Mountains2Beach Marathon.  I don't have a goal other than to knock Cali off my 50 states list.  The overall elevation is -700ft so it's a gradual down slope run.  I have been training that way thankfully so I hope to not have too much trouble in that department.  Yesterday's run is a route I try to run 2 times a week if not more.  It goes up 300 ft then back down over 6 miles, and today's LR is repeating that course 3 times.  Ugh, the up hill part isn't too fun, but downhill I feel like a BQ type runner Smile

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Docket_Rocket

Sounds great, Neal.  Although the LA Marathon has a negative elevation too and it was hilly!  Sounds like a fun race.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Marjorie, that sound like a very productive day.

Nice race Damaris.

Neil, any race that has both mountains and beaches in the name sounds cool in my book.  I love both!

15 miles felt good today.  Oh, and I may have accidentally upgraded from the 48 hour race to the 72 hour race next month.  Might as well, I was going to be in the area at a motel anyway, I might as well be running Instead.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Crew_Dawg

Holy shit Van, that's a 24 hour huge oopsy daisy

Docket_Rocket

WOW.

Marjorie, that sound like a very productive day.

Nice race Damaris.

Neil, any race that has both mountains and beaches in the name sounds cool in my book.  I love both!

15 miles felt good today.  Oh, and I may have accidentally upgraded from the 48 hour race to the 72 hour race Next month.  Might as well, I was going to be in the area at a motel anyway, I might as well be running Instead.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Van has stones made of granite to take on a 72 hour race.

So Doug, not sure what is in your post, but there is a link there, something about logging all your runs and sharing on your timeline.

Well, the deal about the 72 hour race, there will be napping in there, it won't be a continuous 72 hours of being awake for me.  Plus, I'll actually miss the first 10 hours of the race because of my travel schedule, so really, it's like a 62 hour race.

Docket_Rocket

It is still, 72 hours.  Beast!

I also cannot see Doug's picture or link.  Just his post.

So Doug, not sure what is in your post, but there is a link there, something about logging all your runs and sharing on your timeline.

Well, the deal about the 72 hour race, there will be napping in there, it won't be a continuous 72 hours of being awake for me.  Plus, I'll actually miss the first 10 hours of the race because of my travel schedule, so really, it's like a 62 hour race.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

17 miler done, 1200 ft elevation up the first 8.5 then back down.  My legs are toast, but that's ok.

Nice run Neil!

Docket_Rocket

Toast by the hills but still, 17!  Nice job!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

My wife made $220 in cash tips in an 8 hour shift as a bartender last night.  I kidded her that she makes more money than teaching.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

My post screwed up and I could not find the delete button.

It was supposed to be a picture of the Dos Equies guy that said

WHEN I START RUNNING

I WANT TO BE AS BAD ASS AS VAN