Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning all.

Yes, the sleepover went very well. I was on call last night but didn't get called in.  I'm scheduled to work tonight, so we'll see if I'm needed or not.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Why the hell did I map this out ??????

I am running Indy Mini next weekend with the intentions of using it to get a first wave corral for the Chicago Marathon.

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3108; width: 64pt;" span="3" width="85" /> </colgroup>
      CORRAL C CURRENT PR CORRAL D
      1:48:59 1:50:56 1:55:00
      0:08:19 0:08:28 0:08:46

Yesterday I ran a 10 miler at an 8:54 pace which tells me that Corral D should be in the bag and if I am willing to push I have a pipe dream shot at corral C.

I would have been happy not knowing how close C really was.

With good weather, maybe you can push it.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Pam, glad the sleepover Was a success.

Crew_Dawg

Doug you can go sub 1:45 I have faith

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone. Kicking back relaxing after the long run. Need to put the favors for my dads wedding together.

Marjorie

Crew_Dawg

Finished a hill tempo run, 6.5 in the books.   Now off to my appointment, I may post pics sometime even Smile

I actually bailed on my recovery run today, just did the 1 mile thing to keep the streak going. Woke up this morning and the ball of my foot really hurt.  Not sure why.  And this is on the other foot, so I bagged.  Hoping it feels better tomorrow, I've got a big running week planned, last hard week.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Ha, that's funny.  I consider myself a dumbass, but not a badass.

Crew_Dawg

Sorry Van, you are a bad ass and that's all it is to it

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Van is it the whole ball of the foot or the big toe?  Maybe you have a little turf toe. Kinda common. I get a flare of it sometimes and tape it. Goes away pretty fast.

Marjorie

Marjorie, I've never heard of Turf toe, but after Googling, I don't think this is it.  I think it's related to my Morton's Neuroma in that foot, which hasn't hurt in a couple of years, but now that I think about it, it did bug me during the race last week, and slightly during yesterday's 15 miler.  Morton's can cause ball of foot pain. Two years ago, my podiatrist put a metatarsal pad under my shoe inserts, and I got a cortisone shot, and the pain went away.  Will have to see how it is tomorrow, otherwise I may be heading back to the doc.

Docket_Rocket

Mr. Docket bought new running shoes.  Hope this lasts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ah. Yes. Didn't know you had Morton's. that can do it.

D had he signed up for a race yet?

Marjorie