Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Not yet.  I am looking for one he might do well.  Maybe the 4th of July 5K.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

That's a long time to keep up his motivation.  Good luck.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Crew_Dawg

Installment 1/2 on tattoo complete.  Turned out amazing so far

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

What are you getting Neil?

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

What are you getting Neil?

My guess . . .

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Not yet.  I am looking for one he might do well.  Maybe the 4th of July 5K.

I'd recommend to see how he is progressing and aim for a late may early June 5K.  If he can cover most of the distance by then he will be ready to complete his first 5K.

That is part of the lure of the C25K programs, set the hook early.  You don't need to be sub 25 or even sub 30 to run your first 5K, you just have to have some time on your feet and the ability to cover most of the distance.  That is a concept that was often missed on the old RWOL.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Oh man!  I hope the weather does some more changing for Indy for this Saturday.  Right now its saying low 40s and a chance of light rain.

Docket_Rocket

He is already doing 5K distances in his workouts so he can finish.  I just want to make sure he continues running.  He did buy new shoes yesterday And started checking Garmins.

I will check how he does in May and there is a Memorial Day 5K we can both do.

I'd recommend to see how he is progressing and aim for a late may early June 5K.  If he can cover most of the distance by then he will be ready to complete his first 5K.

That is part of the lure of the C25K programs, set the hook early.  You don't need to be sub 25 or even sub 30 to run your first 5K, you just have to have some time on your feet and the ability to cover most of the distance.  That is a concept that was often missed on the old RWOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Does not sound too bad to me since my marathon will be sunny and high during the race of 93F.

Oh man!  I hope the weather does some more changing for Indy for this Saturday.  Right now its saying low 40s and a chance of light rain.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Morning.  I got a good nights sleep, 8 hours, without any drugs, and I'm still tired.  Day 7 of 7 at work, but heading out the door for muh miles in the sunshine.  Extensor tendonitis in left foot is healing nicely.  Morton's in right foot is pissing me off.  If I can just make it through this week, it's all down hill from there. Have a great day folks, catch ya on the flip side.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I can deal with the low 40s, I loathe the low 40s and rain though.

Docket_Rocket

True.

Husband bought two more pairs of running shoes.  Wait, what?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I suspect Mr. Rocket is just like Mrs. Rocket, has a shoe addiction, with a new running outfit for every race?  :raspberries: Big grin

Docket_Rocket

I was suspecting that too.

I suspect Mr. Rocket is just like Mrs. Rocket, has a shoe addiction, with a new running outfit for every race?  :raspberries: Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page