Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Oh, and not to fond of Christmas either.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

I don't celebrate it, so I'm blah about it too.

Well, I'm attempting my long run with my bad knee.  Wish me luck.

And you won pics of it.  These are from yesterday, not right after.  The right after is worse.

My good side:

My bad side:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ouch....

Docket_Rocket

This bitch cost me a new PR.  I initially thought she had cost me a patella, but it looks like she didn't.  She was nice and stopped but she definitely did not know how to race.  She was too slow to change "lanes" and ended up crashing on my side and pushing me to the floor.  I do not want to think how are her driving skills, haha.

Ouch....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Happy to be running

I saw this quote at the beginning of a Kip Keino video and I really like it.

Every morning in Africa a Lion wakes up and thinks today I must run faster than the slowest Antelope.

Every morning in Africa a Antelope wakes up and thinks today I must run faster than the fastest Lion.

It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Antelope.

When the sun comes up.

You better be running.

Edit: Sorry about the knee Damaris! Heal well!

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

At my pace, the lion will probably catch me anyhow.

Happy to be running

Yes but you just have to make sure you're not the slowest antelope!

At my pace, the lion will probably catch me anyhow.

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

NEVER run with a faster friend in predator country

Docket_Rocket

That is true.  Or try to be an average paced antelope!

I ran 20 miles today.  Knee was fine.  Blue and black, but fine.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I hate winter too  Even though it is warm here the dry air sucks.  I've had 3 bloody noses the last week.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Me too!  I never thought it could be due to drier air.

I hate winter too  Even though it is warm here the dry air sucks.  I've had 3 bloody noses the last week.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Me too!  I never thought it could be due to drier air.

Yep  Makes it easy for the nasal passages to dry crack and bleed

Marjorie

In full swing party mode for a family dinner at our house tonight.  Except I can't drink.  In my own house.  Effed up.

Docket_Rocket

Why?  Are you working tonight?

In full swing party mode for a family dinner at our house tonight.  Except I can't drink.  In my own house.  Effed up.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Because my brother in law is a recovering alcoholic and the new boyfriend of my sister in law is also in AA.

Marjorie and Damaris, do you guys have humidifiers in your homes?