Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

Well it was my fasted Indy Mini so that is good but I came up short on my goal.  I wanted a 1:55 but ran a 1:56:23

5K - 27:04 - 8:43 pace

Brickyard - 1:08:21 - 8:53 pace

11M - 1:38:16 - 8:56 pace

FINISH - 1:56:23 - 8:53 pace

Went out faster than I should which pushed me into fatigue management.  Around the 5 or 6 mile area before the track I felt the legs go jelly so I had to pull up a bit on the pace at the track.  Regained the legs by 11 and just held on to mile 12.  At mile 12 I said 1.1 miles to go, TIME TO MAKE THIS BITCH HURT.  And I surged but no one else did.  Picking them off left and right in the last mile going up on the curb at times to clear people.

Ran a dude over in the finish chute because the MOTHER FUCKER came to a dead walking stop 1 step past the 2nd timing mat.  No where to the left of him and to the right was the guy I was sprinting in with.  I could not slow down enough and so I plowed him.  I at least got my arms up to grab him as I plowed him to keep him on his feet.

Doug,congrats on a good race!  Was the 1:55 goal to get into a higher corral at Chicago? Sounds like you gave it your best shot though.

Pam, calm nights are good sometimes.  I'm sure it's satisfying to go balls to the wall some nights, but they are exhausting.

Marjorie, Yo!  Do you have any races coming up?

Damaris, have a good race in PR!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

1:55 would get me corral D at Chicago and a first wave launch.  I have a race from last year I could use for seeding but the course was a bit short so I was trying not to have to use it.

Looks like Damaris finished the Puerto Rico Marathon.

Docket_Rocket

I finished, at least there is that.

Wow, I have never run in this humid and this heat ever.  And running in Miami that is a lot to say, ha!

Looks like Damaris finished the Puerto Rico Marathon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Does that get you a star upgrade?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Van I'm doing Hatfield and McCoy marathon June 8th

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

This is 6 of 12 but I'll check when I enter  it.  I don't think I have enough states to get a star upgrade just by that, though, so 6 more to go.

Does that get you a star upgrade?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Marjorie, jus the name of that one sounds fun.

Damaris, good luck, just keep swimming.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo. Steady night at work so far.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

Legs feel pretty good today but I have to cross train with the lawn mower instead tonight.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey. At the airport for mandatory fun for a company meeting this week. Bah.

Wifi isn't working at the airport which sucks. Too lazy to hot spot my phone to do work so iPad playing it is. Which is more fun anyways.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Van!  I checked the weather and it was 100F heat index and 79 dewpoint!!!!  How the fuck did I survive in one piece?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

That's a little Warm.

Traveling again? Good luck.

Docket_Rocket

Word.

That's a little Warm.

Traveling again? Good luck.

Damaris

Fundraising Page