Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

36 hours posts caffeine stop, and now the headaches have begun.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

May run around the harbor in the am. That should be fun.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

36 hours posts caffeine stop, and now the headaches have begun.

Maybe you should have weened rather than cold turkey.

Crew_Dawg

Hi amigos!  Mary is visiting which is nice to have a familiar face around Smile

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Bow chicka wow wow!

About the caffeine, I have been weaning, over the last few days.  Yesterday was the day that the cup of coffee went to decaf.

Marjorie, a run around the harbor sounds fun!

"About the caffeine, I have been weaning, over the last few days.  Yesterday was the day that the cup of coffee went to decaf."

BLASPHEMY. i WOULD BE DEAD ON THE FLOOR WITHOUT CAFFEINE TO RE-ANIMATE ME. WHOOPS I LEFT THE caps-lock on. Big grin Sorry.

Van--I hope your foot gets better. When there's foot pain it can throw off your entire stride and make you just dread your run.

Speaking of pain, my back is getting better, slowly but surely. I've packed on about 10 pounds with the prednisone and forced inactivity (WEEP!), but it's time to shake that and get back on the program, dangit!

Doug--That is a NICE time! Way to go!!

Damaris--At least your family was there to make up for some of the weather woes. Heat and humidity just does me in--I don't know how you keep at it!

Pam--The last 3 nights I have had a grand total of 3 antepartum patients. 3. Total. I ended up bringing an 800-page book AND my crochet to work--there were only two of us nurses on and I had to do SOMETHING in the absence of my traditional power-nap!

Neil and Mary--Have fun, you crazy kids!

Today it's going to be gorgeous so I am going to do the Maplewood neighborhood for my run. Lots of shade, and very little traffic!

Hey Heather, enjoy those quiet days, because there will be other days when it's hitting the fan. And enjoy your run today, it sounds lovely.  I'm giving up caffeine just temporarily, to hopefully use it as a turbo boost during my race next week.

Heading to the Podio today.  Seems that the cotton ball taped between my 3rd/4th toe really helps with the pain since it takes the pressure off the nerve.  But, I also got new Superfeet inserts, my old ones are 2 to 3 years old, and the pads that he built up on them have really worn down.

Have a good day folks!

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  In court all day!  I ran this morning and the legs were working!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

Already planning the camping trip this coming weekend.  First trip of the year and we have a few things to do with the motorhome to get it ready so we will pick it up tonight from storage.  Timing and weather means tonight has to be pickup night.

So is it wrong that we plan to pack the rum and whiskey for the trip? For a trip to a place that is supposed to be alcohol free?  We have taken stuff for years now and never had an issue with the authorities there and don't expect we will ever have a problem with them.  Many years ago the place got out of control with huge parties but now its quiet as can be expected.

A camping trip just doesn't seem right without alcohol.

Docket_Rocket

This.

A camping trip just doesn't seem right without alcohol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

For some odd reason I cannot post on RWOL from my work computer.  I can from home, just not at work.  I use Firefox at work because I cannot upgrade the Internet Explorer.  Because of work web based software I am stuck with IE 6.  Yeah you read that right 6.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Still waiting for more pictures from Indy Mini but I am not sure how many more I will have.  I noticed at least 2 of the photographers were changing memory cards as i went by.

But here is 1 as we crossed the yard of bricks on the speedway.  But the lil basterd behind me photobombed it.