Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

RWOL sucks.  Still does.  I cannot post from my iPhone.  Ever.

For some odd reason I cannot post on RWOL from my work computer.  I can from home, just not at work.  I use Firefox at work because I cannot upgrade the Internet Explorer.  Because of work web based software I am stuck with IE 6.  Yeah you read that right 6.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Done for the day. What a freaking long day!

Harbor run was good but the sidewalks are mostly brick so it was a bit of an issue. Feet were sore. Another harbor run tomorrow. Then meet 7 to 12 then airport home at 2 pm flight.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Riesling is good. That is all.

Relentless forward progress

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Good morning!

Pam, Reisling is one of my favorite white wines.  I really don't like the extremely dry wines at all.

Podo appointment was good yesterday.  My dimestore trick of the cotton ball stuffed between my toes seems to be helping manage the pain.  It's enough to take pressure off the nerve, which the doc didn't believe, but I said I didn't want the cortisone shot.  He was dumbfounded that something so simple would be effective, but agreed.  He also thinks I run too much, but said that if my body can take it otherwise, that he was OK with my high mileage.  It's my Saturday again.  Got a few errands to run, and of course, running.  Cat at the vet up first.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  DH is on week 3 of his run/walk plan.  He's jumping a bit faster than I would recommend but so far, we're doing 6:2 and he's doing well.

Good luck at the podo, Van.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Hi all!  Tax season is over.  I'm back from vacation (we went to Pawleys Island, SC and then visited my wife's brother in NC), and finally starting to get caught up.  This weekend I'm running a 25K with a friend. Mostly just a training run for me.  I promised to pace him to a sub 3:00 hour finish.  We'll have fun and it will allow me to experiment with some heart rate stuff in a race environment.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Van--I gotta say, for me, that the cortisone shock worked freakin' WONDERS. But I had to come to that point gradually--after pain meds, systemic steroids, physical therapy for 10 weeks, etc. By the time I chose the shot, I was in so much pain I would've swallowed a toad if someone told me it might help!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hiya. Meeting hell continues

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Yeah sometimes the simple fix is often the over looked fix.  Got this on email the other day about thinking outside the box:

A toothpaste factory had a problem. They sometimes shipped empty boxes without the tube of toothpaste inside. This challenged their perceived quality with the buyers and distributors. Understanding how important the relationship with them was, the CEO of the company assembled all of his top people. They decided to hire an external engineering company to solve their empty boxes problem. The project followed the usual process: budget and project sponsor allocated, RFP, and third-parties selected.

Six months (and $8 million) later they had a fantastic solutution - on time, on budget, and high quality. Everyone in the project was pleased.

They solved the problem by using a high-tech precision scale that would sound a bell and flash lights whenever a toothpaste box weighed less than it should. The line would stop, someone would walk over, remove the defective box, and then press another button to re-start the line. As a result of the new package monitoring process, no empty boxes were being shipped out of the factory.

With no more customer complaints, the CEO felt the $8 million was well spent. At the end of the first month, he reviewed the line statistics report and discovered the number of empty boxes picked up by the scale in the first week was consistent with projections, however, the next three weeks were zero! The estimated rate should have been at least a dozen boxes a day. He had the engineers check the equipment and they verified the report as accurate.

Puzzled, the CEO travelled down to the factory, viewed the part of the line where the precision scale was installed, and observed that just ahead of the new $8 million dollar solution sat a $20 desk fan blowing the empty boxes off the belt and into a bin. He asked the line supervisor what that was about.

"Oh, that," the supervisor replied, "Bert, the kid from maintenance, put it there because he was tired of walking over, removing the box and re-starting the line every time the bloody bell rang.”

Doug, that kid behind you looks like he's having a rough time, I'm guessing he didn't do it on purpose, LOL.  And yes, definitnely, sometimes simple is best.

Mike, welcome back, and good luck in the race!

Marjorie, I agree, running on cobblestone is hard.

Heather, hope you continue to mend!

Damaris, sounds like Mr. Rocket is doing OK.

I have been Mr. Fixit today.  A handyman if I do say so myself.  Checking things off muh list.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Ahem!  Your attention for a moment, please!

i ran for five minutes today. One minute at a time interspersed with brisk walking. So far, so good. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.   This was my first run in 3 months!  Where's a dancing banana when you need one??

Docket_Rocket

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem!  Your attention for a moment, please!

i ran for five minutes today. One minute at a time interspersed with brisk walking. So far, so good. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.   This was my first run in 3 months!  Where's a dancing banana when you need one??

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Good news Pam!