Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Doug - So sorry to hear about your nephew. Hoping his cancer is easily treatable and he responds and tolerates the treatment well.

Well, I didn't win the award the other night, but one of my coworkers won for the same category, and this was the first year I'd been nominated, so it's all good. I had fun getting dressed up and partying with my work friends. The only bad thing was my heels tore two small holes in the back of my dress near the raw edge. It'll be easy enough to just put in a small hem to bury the holes and prevent a recurrence, but still. Just more shit I gotta do now.  And if you get that reference, you must also live with or be a David Lynch fan.

Relentless forward progress

Pam, glad you can fix the dress.  Being nominated is still a very nice honor though.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Congratulations anyway!

Doug - So sorry to hear about your nephew. Hoping his cancer is easily treatable and he responds and tolerates the treatment well.

Well, I didn't win the award the other night, but one of my coworkers won for the same category, and this was the first year I'd been nominated, so it's all good. I had fun getting dressed up and partying with my work friends. The only bad thing was my heels tore two small holes in the back of my dress near the raw edge. It'll be easy enough to just put in a small hem to bury the holes and prevent a recurrence, but still. Just more shit I gotta do now.  And if you get that reference, you must also live with or be a David Lynch fan.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

11 years ago right Now, DH and I were at our wedding dance.

Happy Anniversary Pam!

Ran a 7k trail race this afternoon that was 1/2 mile short.  Ugh.  It was more about the beer and after party than doing a legitimate race, and the guy that set up the course does a ton of races and adventure games around here.  And now off to work yet another night shift.  Bleh.

Docket_Rocket

Happy Anniversary, LD!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Is it time to eat the donuts yet?

Docket_Rocket

Any time is donut time!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

DH brought home glazed donuts for Mother's Day. Want some?

Docket_Rocket

I don't have donuts here, sniff.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Happy Mother's Day, folks! Just getting back from work, and decided to swing by the Grand Central Bakery for some pastries. I got ham pockets, apple hand-pies, donut muffins, and a slice of their delicious rhubarb coffee cake. The boys will be so surprised!

Maybe the heavy carbs will keep them comatose for most of the day so that I can get a decent day's sleep!! 'Nighty-night! zzzzzzzzzzzz

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Sleep well, Heather!  Happy Mother's Day!

Damaris - Don't feel too bad. The donuts aren't that great.

Crew_Dawg

Been off the grid for a week since Mary was visiting.  Time went too fast, and being in training didn't help at all.  My day was consumed by homework or just being in school so much, I felt bad.  But there was no way to plan on her being here and my training so I did my best.

Running wise it's taking a hit lately because of the type of training I have to do, there are only certain times I can accomplish what I need to do.

Sorry about the news Doug, being there to support your nephew will help a ton I am sure.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I don't care much for donuts. Meh. Just not my thing.

Dh got me mommy day cards from the doggies. So sweet.

Marjorie

Crew_Dawg

I don't care much for donuts. Meh. Just not my thing.

Dh got me mommy day cards from the doggies. So sweet.

Surprised

-- Ice, I could ice for hours