Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Marjorie, whip those minions into shape.

Damaris, wish I could, then I'd get my sleep.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  Another early morning run.  It's going to take a week or two to get used to this schedule.

Doug - Hope you are not injured.  Maybe it's just a niggle that will go away on it's own.

Van - I wish I could carb load with you.  Alas, I am trying to unload a bit.

Heather - Wow!  Nice run.  Take it easy though.  We want you to stay healthy.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Wandering Wally

Need coffee!

Run!  Just Run!

Yo.  Mike, good luck with the unloading!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Wandering Wally

Sheesh.  Just call me "Thread Killah".

Good luck Van!  Hope you have a great weekend of running.

Run!  Just Run!

Morning, guys. Smile My Cafe Vienna is awaiting me across the room but I am too lazy to bring it over to the computer. Big grin

Van--Are you excited for the run??

Damaris and Marjorie--How was the meet-up?

Mike--Thanks! I took a rest day after the 10-miler. Spent the whole day watching "Star Trek: DS9," "Surrogates" with Bruce Willis and an episode of "La Femme Nikita" that happened to have a 10-year-old Michael Cera in it. I love that actor--he's so geeky!

I'm going to run again today, slowly, but hopefully enjoy some of the milder trails in Tryon Creek. What's everyone else doing today?

Wandering Wally

Hi Heather!

A day of Star Trek watching sounds awesome.  My wife got me the Blue Ray editions of the original cast movies for my birthday.  I've been working my way through them.  Fun stuff!

Ran this morning.  Working on QuickBooks certification today.

Run!  Just Run!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Hopefully going to get in 30 minutes of run/walk and do some laundry. Otherwise, possibly a quick wine run. Seriously. The bottle of Chardonnay I opened the other night is gawd awful. I couldn't even drink one glass. I'm gonna dump the rest down the drain.  Also need to figure out why my loaner vehicle wouldn't start this morning. The ignition switch is like stuck or something.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Meet up was great.

I ran 10 this morning and almost passed out when I got home.  Kept seeing black spots and then all of a sudden I heard a buzzing, lost sight and almost fell.  I managed to pull it together and wake up.  Not sure why that was.  I suspect maybe some asthma lack of breathing issue since my breathing is somewhat low today?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Damaris - I've had something similar happen when my blood pressure dropped all of a sudden after a run.  I checked with my brother in law Doctor and my sister in law who is an RN and both told me not to worry too much unless it starts happening often.  If it happens again maybe get it checked out?  Your description is pretty much exactly the same as what I experienced.

Run!  Just Run!

Docket_Rocket

I asked DH to check my BP but he left, bah!  I guess he saw I was alive and was not worried.

Did you have like flickeres of black spots for a bit until you got a major one?  That's what happened to me today.  I also didn't sleep well and ate 500 calories less than normal yesterday, so maybe all of that made into a bad combination?

Damaris - I've had something similar happen when my blood pressure dropped all of a sudden after a run.  I checked with my brother in law Doctor and my sister in law who is an RN and both told me not to worry too much unless it starts happening often.  If it happens again maybe get it checked out?  Your description is pretty much exactly the same as what I experienced.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

For me it starts gradual and then fades into the spots and buzzing noise kind of like bad tv reception.  Sounds like for you it could have just been a combination of factors that contributed to the episode.  It is kind of scary while it's happening.

Run!  Just Run!

Docket_Rocket

Exactly like that.  Thanks you for sharing.  I forgot about the possible suddenw BP drop.

For me it starts gradual and then fades into the spots and buzzing noise kind of like bad tv reception.  Sounds like for you it could have just been a combination of factors that contributed to the episode.  It is kind of scary while it's happening.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I forgot to say, Go, Van, Go!

Damaris

Fundraising Page