Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Have fun, Van.  I have another headache.  I hate these weeks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

Well the inside shin is sore today so its back in an ace bandage which is making it feel better.

Keep ricing it for now.

Wandering Wally

Happy Monday crew!  Coffee is going and I am in rest day mode.  Busy busy weekend.  Friday we helped a friend move.  Got a good upper body workout :-)  Saturday ran 20 miles and helped my wife around the house with some chores.  Sunday more chores and 6.2 miles in the evening.  Whew!

Van - to get back to your question about the trails - I have a trail system close to my house that I run on most of the time.  It has various loops I can connect together to make various distances and vary the terrain based on what I want.  The outer loop is 10 miles and then there are some inner loops.  During the week I usually chain a couple of inner loops together for about 8 miles.  There's enough climbing in there to kick my arse if I push it hard.  I usually try to take it kind of easy though.  On weekends I will venture out to other trail systems nearby just because it's fun to be a running tourist.

Damaris - I think you could run 100 miles all in one go :-)

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

I think so too, Mike!

Doug, hope the ankle feels better soon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

G'night.

Relentless forward progress

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone.

Recovery day 2

my experiment of one my food makes a difference. Letting myself eat stuff I haven't had forever I could really tell how much my body hates some things or they make me tired. Today I'm on my normal foods and it makes me feel much better. Good thing I'm good at eating the same things over and over.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

I feel the same way.  I forgot my reflux meds last night and it makes me realize how much I need to eat carefully and vegetarian and even when I do, I still need the medication.

Hi everyone.

Recovery day 2

my experiment of one my food makes a difference. Letting myself eat stuff I haven't had forever I could really tell how much my body hates some things or they make me tired. Today I'm on my normal foods and it makes me feel much better. Good thing I'm good at eating the same things over and over.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Funk.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all.  Well the shin just feels like shin splints so I am not all that worried and it will clear with time, exercises, and icing.  I still seem to be having some tendonitis discomfort as well just behind the ankle bone protrusion so that is gonna take a bit of time as well.

BUT it is 100 times better today but overall still not up to running condition.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

That is promising.

No funk allowed Van

Today is my Friday.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

That's promising, Doug.

Two days til vacation.  Tomorrow I have a huge day in court, bah.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Glad you're feeling better, Doug.

Getting ready to head north with the kids today to my adoptive folks.  We'll spend a couple days on the farm so Dad can con the boys into doing chores and make them think they're having fun.

Relentless forward progress

Wandering Wally

Hey crew!  Bought a "new" car last night:  A 1998 Subaru Outback.  It's 3 years newer than the Toyota I was driving so it's an upgrade :-)  The all wheel drive will be nice in the winter.

Van - Play that Funky Music

Doug - Glad you are improving.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast