Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm on vacation. At the spa. Then some shopping. Leave tomorrow am for Michigan.

Marjorie

Wandering Wally

Morning all! Got a trail run in yesterday. Good times. A little bit of single track is good for the soul I think.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

I have decided I'm never too old for a nap.  Zzzzz.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

So my return to running hasn't exactly been easy.  I've lost my endurance.  And I think my body is still rebelling from the insanity 3 weeks ago.  RHR is still very elevated, just not coming down, and I just don't have the endurance I did before.  Ugh.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

It'll come back Van. Give it time.

Im at the airport.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all.

Lots of rain, no damage to my house though.  While I did not see any storm damage on my drive in to work, I have heard of damage in the area.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Van, it will come back soon.

Doug, sorry about the storms.

Marjorie, hope your flight went well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Van, it sounds like you're body is telling you to take it easy yet. I know it's hard, and you've been feeling down. Give it time and hang in there.

Marjorie, safe travels, and hope the wedding goes well.  And if not, drink heavily.  It might help.

Damaris, you heading out today or tomorrow?  Good luck to both you and Mr. Rocket.  Have a great weekend.

Doug, no damage is good.  There were a crazy amount of storms over there yesterday.

Pam, how's the farm?

Yeah, I know it will come back.  I have a 12 hour race next weekend that I'm committed to, it's our local trail race.  I only signed up because I wanted to be out there with all my friends, but now, they've established a minimum amount of miles, 39.5, to get the medal.  Ugh.  Really only wanted a 50k and then I would stop.  So it might suck.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks.  We're leaving this afternoon.  Looking forward to a couple of days off work.  Last time I had to attend court from LA and the 6:30am time was not appreciated.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Van - The farm is wet. It rained off and on all day yesterday, and combined with all the rain they've gotten in the last month or so, there's standing water and soupy mud everywhere. Not very conducive to helping gpa with chores. Of courses, when I was their age, Dad would have had me out there anyway. It was my job to make sure all the animals had water every day when I was small. When I got older, my brother and I were responsible for the bottle and bucket calves.

Ran today, and it was a little better, but I still tuckered out far too quickly.  Sigh.

Docket_Rocket

Pam, hiya!

Van, little by little.

Enjoying a nice beer at an Irish Pub below my hotel.  If it wasn't for the earthquakes, I would have moved here years ago.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

They don't have then that often.  My college roommate lives in SFO, he loves it.