Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

My wife is having a party tomorrow night, it's for those Origami Owl Charm necklaces.  She made a batch of Sangria to serve.  Wow, that stuff was strong!  But good.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Wandering Wally

Morning all!  Got the coffee going.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Another day off work due to fever and residual WTF illness.  I have lost 6lbs.  I feel better today, though.  Real food is on the way.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mike, you'd better brew another pot of coffee, very sluggish here.

Damaris, sounds like it just needs to run its course.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Feel better Damaris!

Coffee's on Mike and Van.

Hi to all!

i almost did too much yesterday. Not flaring, but definitely feeling it today. What can I say?  I was a woman on a mission yesterday!  Trip to Target in the am for new sport sandals for oldest and some othe stuff the supermarket doesn't carry, lunch, swim lessons for youngest, completely emptied, cleaned, and reorganized 4 of the 6 drawers in the upstairs bath plus under the sink, almost completely emptied the entry closet and cleaned and reorganized that, multiple loads of laundry (mostly entry closet stuff), made supper, swim lessons for oldest, more laundry, shower, collapsed into bed a little after 2200. Whew!  Oh!  And I hung blackout curtains behind the fancy curtains in our bedroom.  No 0545 sunshine wake up call this morning for sure!

Today is lower key, but still busy.  More laundry, pharmacy run, swim lessons x 2, etc. I think DH and I need to have a serious conversation tonight as well. He's been crabby, irritable, and short tempered for over a week now and of course he won't just come out and tell me what's bothering him.   If it's something I've done, how am I supposed to fix it if I don't know what it is?!?  And secondly, if it's work stuff, no need to take it out on me and the kids.

Relentless forward progress

Pam, good luck.   Hope you can find out what's bugging him.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all.

Well I am supposed to have a phone interview today but I never got an email last night confirming the time.  So I am just kinda chillin' at my desk today avoiding going out to the field as I sit here and wait for an email saying what time or for the phone to actually ring for the interview.

HATE waiting.  Angry

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey. Training today.

Marjorie

Doug, that's frustrating.  Companies expect too much I think, thinking you would be avaialble whenever they happen to call.  I think it's rude, but that's just me.

Marjorie, hope your training goes well.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well I was told yesterday to expect a 30 minute or so interview today with the hiring manager. Interview was less than 10 minutes and ended with . . . . "you will be contacted tomorrow to be set up for a plant visit hopefully next week."

"You sound like a good fit for our company."

Docket_Rocket

Good news.

Well I was told yesterday to expect a 30 minute or so interview today with the hiring manager. Interview was less than 10 minutes and ended with . . . . "you will be contacted tomorrow to be set up for a plant visit hopefully next week."

"You sound like a good fit for our company."

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hopeing for the best Doug.

Spent 3 hours at the pool today just doing nothing.  I really miss it.  In fact, I really wish I lived in Tampe or Pensacola. I think deep down, I'm a sun guy.  Love summer and love spending time in the sun. It makes as happy as running.

Got a free DVD rental from Redbox today in a test message, so watched Flight with Denzel Washington.  It was pretty good.  That was after a 4 mile run with the running group at the running store.  They were offering test runs in Adidas shoes, but they didn't have any size 13s.  Oh well, it was still fun.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo.

Good news about the follow up interview, Doug. Seems rude, though to not let you know what time they were calling.

No conversation last night. Try again tonight.

Relentless forward progress

I think I have mastered the fine art of being lazy.