Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Still?  Sucks!

Congrats Van!

So I opted to skip my run this morning as the ankle is still not ready.  Now its effing hot outside and the ankle is feeling pretty good.  I am thinking of hitting the gym to lift today and maybe do some laps.

I think I twisted my ankle during the SF Marathon.  My non-torn ligament on the side of the foot was hurting all week.  Fortunately (and unfortunately), due to my severe virus I was able to rest it and it's as good as new.

All my cats are asleep, do you think a quick yell might wake them up?  I mean, they do the same thing to us at 3am or at 5am.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

A lot of us are hobbled.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

I ran 5.  It was hot and super humid.  Nothing surprising because I live in a Hellhole.  But sigh, I ran....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo.   Slept well today. Kicking it on L&D.

Relentless forward progress

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone

nice run today.  I listened to my rational side and didn't run yesterday as I know I would have done 20 and I really should wait until next week to jump back into the longer runs as my hip is doing really well so I want it to be fully healed before i go do a super sized run again.  So yesterday was my self proclaimed lazy day.

Dad found a house.  They should close on it this week I think.  He also says he got the whole marriage license thing fixed (they got married the 15th but the license they had expired on the 14th.  I guess he got the county to change it).  Of course now he wants an official copy of the license so they can get some things updated but that takes 10 business days until they can order one.  Which it has not been 10 business days and with the mess up not sure if that will be 10 from today or not.  So glad I don't have to deal with it and he has to figure it out.  Of course I still hear the complaining about it but at least I don't have to do any of those things any more.  Kinda nice, actually.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like he is solving the issues little by little.

How many weeks before your next marathon?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Mine?  Oh a long while.  OBX is November 10th or something like that.  I don't have it in front of me but it is what ever that weekend is.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

That time will come sooner than expected, Marjorie.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Happy Monday crew!  I had to fix my avi too.  Maybe related to last week's maintenance?  I dunno...

Marathon coming up this Saturday.  It'll be great to finally knock that distance down officially.  Hopefully they keep the course open until I finish :-D  No prediction on time.  My goals are to 1) Have fun and 2) Don't get hurt.  Since this isn't a goal race I'm not following an official taper this week.  Just sticking to my schedule for 50K prep and Saturday's race will be my long run for the week.

Van - No North Country for me this year.  I'm running the Marquette 50K which is on the same weekend.  I'm looking forward to 1) running my first 50K and 2) running on trails along Lake Superior.  Not sure when I'll make it back to North Country.  Not until 2016 at the earliest.  I have 2014 and 2015 all mapped out already for race schedules.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Mike!  Hope Maf helps you getting there (even a bit).

Happy Monday crew!  I had to fix my avi too.  Maybe related to last week's maintenance?  I dunno...

Marathon coming up this Saturday.  It'll be great to finally knock that distance down officially.  Hopefully they keep the course open until I finish :-D  No prediction on time.  My goals are to 1) Have fun and 2) Don't get hurt.  Since this isn't a goal race I'm not following an official taper this week.  Just sticking to my schedule for 50K prep and Saturday's race will be my long run for the week.

Van - No North Country for me this year.  I'm running the Marquette 50K which is on the same weekend.  I'm looking forward to 1) running my first 50K and 2) running on trails along Lake Superior.  Not sure when I'll make it back to North Country.  Not until 2016 at the earliest.  I have 2014 and 2015 all mapped out already for race schedules.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo.

Mike, super excited for you to finally get to run a marathon!   Enjoy the mini taper!   And then on to the 50k!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

My run was hot and humid (and sunny and fucking shadeless), my hubby run was the same.  I fucking quit!

Is it December yet?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

I'm up. Does not mean that I'm awake.

Docket_Rocket

Word.

Damaris

Fundraising Page