Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Wandering Wally

Wait until it doesn't make it hurt more to run on it.  You need the recovery Van.  You just did some pretty epic stuff lately.  You have essentially put a couple of ultras fairly close together.  Take a few days to drive the couch, have a beer or 12, eat some good food and come back refreshed.  The sharp edge will be gone, but you will regain that fairly quickly.  Maybe have a look at this:  http://sock-doc.com/sock-doc-training-formula/ 

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Yup, thinking I can try a walk here tonight and see what happens over the next couple of days.  I don't have any races until the end of August, a 50 miler on a rail trail, so in theory, I've got tons of time.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Wandering Wally

Loads of time.  You can taper for that 50 miler by just going out easy in the first 25 miles :-D

Run!  Just Run!

Mike, you ready for your marathon this weekend?  I can't remember, is this a road or a trail?

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

My cousin is no so well it sounds like.

last i saw posted they were not sure if there was an aneurism but they knew that her brain stem was swollen.  Also they have ruled out a stroke.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

having some great friends in the neighborhood that have my back and the VP of the HOA's back is amazing.  I'm watching with baited breath as they are rolling out the crap that the person that won't leave us on the HOA alone and has veiled threats and letting everyone else in the neighborhood know what this guy is up to and how he just totally is unstable and insane.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no.  Hope she improves.

My cousin is no so well it sounds like.

last i saw posted they were not sure if there was an aneurism but they knew that her brain stem was swollen.  Also they have ruled out a stroke.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Doug - Wishing the best for your cousin.

Van - This Saturday.  It's on a road (blah), but it supports a new, local race and it's cheap.

Run!  Just Run!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Doug saw that on FB.  Thoughts and prayers sent

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Best thoughts for your cousin, Doug.

Relentless forward progress

Doug, it's out of your hands, and what will be will be.

Mike, best of luck!  Go get it!

Marjorie, sounds like a crazy person.

Yo Damaris and Pam.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well they have ruled out a stroke and so far an aneurism.  So far they are calling it a thunder clap headache which is a crazy name for a very big and bad migraine.  Sounds like they will do a spinal tap in the morning to check for infections.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Doug - Hope the spinal tap comes back clean.

Gotta sit through mandatory education and then a bunch of meetings today. Joy.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Doug, hope they continue to rule out the bad stuff.  I will be thinking of her today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Afternoon.  Ankle is still messed up.  Doi.